Few ideas for gameplay improvements to reduce micromanagement

Started by FTR, October 23, 2018, 08:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTR

RimWorld is fantastic game and well deserving of steam top sellers but there is still room for improvement. The main thing that really annoyed me in my last playthrough is controlling the pawns and the way AI prioritizes the tasks. I got few ideas which I think would make colony way, way more efficient without you having to steer your pawns manually all the time, which gets really tedious in larger colonies.

- Priotizing jobs should ignore area restrictions and work assignments. It's just frustrating having to change pawn settings just to be able to prioritze single task.
- Pawns should not drop tasks mid-way to eat or rest, like hunting animal on the other side of the map and then not hauling it or mining and not hauling. Finish task first and then rest.
- You should be able to prioritize cleaning areas. Cleaning some path on the far side of your colony is not as important as cleaning kitchen or hospital.
- Again with cleaning, let us specify what we don't want to be cleaned even if it's marked as home area.
- I wish pawns would be a little bit smarter sometimes to reduce neccessary micromanagment. Like oh look, there is huge gunfight going on in the killzone, let me just run right in the middle of it to haul or clean something! Perhaps something like extension of flee mechanic would be nice, for example setting "danger radius" for pawns to flee from. I am pretty sure they can see far ther than 2 meters ahead of them.

Imagine how much time would your pawns save if they would be just tiny bit smarter.