Prison common rooms no longer work

Started by YokoZar, October 21, 2018, 05:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YokoZar

In older versions you could leave the doors open on prison cells and have the inmates wander into a communal room where you'd have a table, food for them to take, etc.

This no longer works -- they refuse to leave their cells.  Even if you put a prisoner sleeping spot in the adjacent room to tag it as a prison, they don't cross their own cell threshold.

I'm not sure how medical prison beds vs proper beds work now either - you used to be able to have them automatically migrate from medical to individual beds once they'd recovered by going through open doors, so you could have a proper prison hospital.

B@R5uk

Still prisoners will leave their rooms to find food. I've Witnessed this many times in the last version.

Scavenger

I think Tynan said you have to lure them out with a Klondike bar now.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Golden

Imo, this is a bug.  You should be able to have a prison block with a hospital.  Something unexpected changed to prevent this.

vzoxz0

5thHorseman

I'm almost positive this was changed during the beta, possibly because prisoners were escaping frequently when caravans parked nearby and everybody walked in and out of the prison doors.

I agree that it could be removed now that caravans are less derpy with their camping locations, or even make it that prisoners can't walk through doors that are merely open, those doors must be held open.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

YokoZar

Quote from: B@R5uk on October 21, 2018, 06:26:25 AM
Still prisoners will leave their rooms to find food. I've Witnessed this many times in the last version.
Ahh so maybe the secret then is to set them to receive no food but then leave food in the common area?

krampe

Quote from: Golden on October 21, 2018, 02:56:57 PM
Imo, this is a bug.  You should be able to have a prison block with a hospital.  Something unexpected changed to prevent this.

You can, there is only a Warden needed to take the prisoner to the hospital. Everything workin as intended.

Golden

Quote from: krampe on October 22, 2018, 03:56:19 AM
Quote from: Golden on October 21, 2018, 02:56:57 PM

You can, there is only a Warden needed to take the prisoner to the hospital. Everything workin as intended.
It is not working as intended if you cannot make prison cells and separate hospital rooms in a prison block area.  When the prisoner gets well they are supposed to choose a bed in a cell within that prison block and walk there themselves.  And be able to leave their cell to join the other prisoners in the common rec/dining area within that prison block.

Morbo513

Letting prisoners... out of their cells? You mean, treating them like actual human beings? You're all off your rockers. How are you meant to easily access their organs if they're just left to freely roam around? Incredible

5thHorseman

Quote from: Morbo513 on October 22, 2018, 11:18:46 AM
Letting prisoners... out of their cells? You mean, treating them like actual human beings? You're all off your rockers. How are you meant to easily access their organs if they're just left to freely roam around? Incredible
Because you want them to feel comfortable and happy so you can recruit them.

...AFTER you take their organs, of course.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

TiberianSun371AlexW

I thought it was kind of cool to leave the prison forced open and the prisoners wandering around. I don't think it's a bug they can escape, I mean the colony is practically asking for that. Maybe just put in a code to not let them go to an unroofed area (which would mean escaping) unless in "escape mode" if the problem was that happy prisoenrs tried to go away.

zizard

The change must have been the one that allows enemies to follow your guys through doors. Bit annoying since in my games it never works out for them anyway.