[1.0] Cargo Pod Transport

Started by J.BEAR, October 22, 2018, 06:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreDiabetic

Looks like this is one of the best mods out there.

J.bear could you create some more ship so as to differentiate the types of transport?pleaseeeeeeee :))))))

Telcore

More people would download this mod, if they could do it without having to sighing in to the forum.
i myself couldn't figure it out for a while.

Lyca0n

"Jump feet first into hell and back" Yup sounds about right, now we can go full ODST/Imperium shock trooper on the pirate scourge without a care in the world >:)

J.BEAR

Quote from: Lyca0n on November 02, 2018, 11:16:53 PM
"Jump feet first into hell and back" Yup sounds about right, now we can go full ODST/Imperium shock trooper on the pirate scourge without a care in the world >:)

I don't recommend air dropping them straight into a raider base
these are for cargo, no insurance cover for bullet holes. :P

Operative85

Hi, @J.BEAR!

Is it possible for you to add more colors/themes for the cargo pods? I'm currently running a military colony and it would be great if my cargo pods of doom were in shades of gunmetal gray or black.

Thanks for the mod, by the way! :)

mraadx

This is basically OHU mods but simpler.
Imagine, just change the texture with any plane, rockets, appa(aang's bull thing) you name it. it's possible!
please make more air ship options, or just ask OHU to use their texture. I can even help you design the texture if necesary.
Graphic Designer. Will draw for $.

omatkoicorko

i would change a graphic for this pod, something that would not look like a tram

cesarjunior233

Help, when I try to make it, it dissapears when it is finished

mangalores

mod is fine. Small nitpicks would be that I'd prefer an icon that fits the world map instead of the cargo pod graphic and a fancier graphic.

But overall this is a nice transport connection for my high tech colony branching out. :)

Man_Jones

Hello I assume that if I decided to land this thing somewhere that wasn't an actual location the resulting caravan will have to be debugged out of the problem.

Operative85

Quote from: Man_Jones on January 05, 2019, 11:08:41 PM
Hello I assume that if I decided to land this thing somewhere that wasn't an actual location the resulting caravan will have to be debugged out of the problem.

Download the Set-Up Camp mod. Land anywhere. Set-up camp. Check your caravan's inventory. Drop the Cargo Pod Transport. Viola.

Not sure if you could drop items from inventory from the World Map. Try doing so before trying my aforementioned suggestion.

moonra

Quote from: Operative85 on January 06, 2019, 10:29:52 PM

Not sure if you could drop items from inventory from the World Map. Try doing so before trying my aforementioned suggestion.

You can, but you lose the item.

Aronia

Okay, here's my issue with this.
First of all, should say this is great, it lets my vampires actually travel at all. If you don't name being carried around in coffins traveling of course.
But. When I order my colonists  to load it, they don't lod the items first and then enter. Instead, they just enter and wait for the cargo to crawl there on its own. Basically not an issue while starting your way from the colony, as there are other pawns who can carry the cargo. But on returning home — well, yes, it is an issue.
Could build a second one, of course, so I can load a colonist in each, but that does sound a bit too complicated.

buskape

Great mod thanks a lot for sharing! Haven't encountered any major issues so far, I'm using it mainly to recover resource found with the long range mineral scanner and it's awesome. Didn't try raiding with it yet though.
Would love to see some different ships with bigger capacities.