[1.0] Cargo Pod Transport

Started by J.BEAR, October 22, 2018, 06:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

princexx

Hello I tried to build it and it disappeared... tried to place it with dev mode and can't... help please!

Canute

a good start would be if you could provide an error log.
How to find the log reat at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38291.0
You need to use Reply button to see the option to attach files to your answer

princexx

Quote from: Canute on February 24, 2019, 09:07:03 AM
a good start would be if you could provide an error log.
How to find the log reat at
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38291.0
You need to use Reply button to see the option to attach files to your answer
I don't get an error window or anything. is it still visible in the log?

Canute

You can try it out at the hard way, just activate hugslib and Cargo pod transport, use the quickstart option from hugslib for a test colony.
Place some resources and finish all research with the dev tools (then maybe safe it for later tests) and let the pawn's build one.
If that works, anything is fine with the mod-installation.

Add other mods, until it don't work anymore.

princexx

Quote from: Canute on February 24, 2019, 09:31:40 AM
You can try it out at the hard way, just activate hugslib and Cargo pod transport, use the quickstart option from hugslib for a test colony.
Place some resources and finish all research with the dev tools (then maybe safe it for later tests) and let the pawn's build one.
If that works, anything is fine with the mod-installation.
I tried it and it's working now! Thank you! (have a few mods so it'll take me a while to find the one... )

Add other mods, until it don't work anymore.

Canute

QuoteI tried it and it's working now! Thank you! (have a few mods so it'll take me a while to find the one... )
Could you maybe tell us what mod caused trouble with the Cargo pods ?

princexx

Quote from: Canute on February 24, 2019, 02:01:05 PM
QuoteI tried it and it's working now! Thank you! (have a few mods so it'll take me a while to find the one... )
Could you maybe tell us what mod caused trouble with the Cargo pods ?
Actually I just placed it almost at the top after core,HugsLib and JecsTools! So I think there is a mod that has to be loaded later than this one.

Morbo513

After playing a bit more with this, again I think it should really require some kind of  fuel source that requires rarer resources to manufacture. Running on Chemfuel alone, using it for any over-map travel is trivial and allows you to skip caravanning and all its associated dangers - ambush, running out of food, becoming immobilised etc.
Even simply converting the fuel source to Uranium would go a long ways to balancing it out.

rawrfisher

Its got a fairly limited range in my experience.  Takes me 4 launch's to get from 1 colony to the other <,<
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Aronia

Found out what I stated in the previous post only works like that with my vampire, it's all right with humans. So it must be some interference between these mods, not a glitch of the cargo pod mod itself.
Sorry then. I guess I can actually manage this, so it isn't much of an issue.

aemeyer

This almost feels like a simplified revival of the Shuttlecraft mod, so this is awesome.

Sandy

Quote from: J.BEAR on October 22, 2018, 06:39:20 AM
hi everyone, posting a mod here that I helped make:

[1.0] Cargo Pod Transport
non-Steam download:
see attachment zip
Steam link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1536615776&searchtext=cargo

code by: AKreedz风影
art work by me: JerrBear888

A reusable transport pod that your colonists put together by combing 6 pods inside a plasteel superstructure, open up the spaces between the pods, then install hydraulic legs and shock absorbing air bags underneath. To reduce weight, alot of Plasteel are used instead of steel.
It can carry 1000kg
material cost:
500 Plasteel
100 Steel
8 Components
1 Advanced Component

==================================
Warning:
Do not drop at the edge of map, due to its size (3x3)
it will disappear if it doesn't get enough space to land
==================================

any usage / balancing / artwork feedback is welcome!
if you encounter any errors please post in Steam workshop comments.
since I can't do any in-depth coding, I can only respond to anything related to art.
Hi.. is it possible to create different cargo pods using this mod? i wanna make some types and add it to this mod and use it personally.. types like, single person use, small squad use pods.. Thanks for the mod..

Canute

The basic stats of the transport is in XML, so nothing speak against to duplicate the entry , adjust it with different name,texture and stats.

Sandy

Quote from: Canute on May 06, 2019, 10:54:28 AM
The basic stats of the transport is in XML, so nothing speak against to duplicate the entry , adjust it with different name,texture and stats.
Yup.. thats what i thought when i saw the xml.. so i made a new pod, with almost same settings, but different def names.. in-game, i can build it and load it.. but as soon as i click on launch button, the pod changes into the original pod.. so i looked into the code and managed to find, as of yet, one place where the original pod is hardcoded.. im currently looking into how to work around it..