A variety of suggestions, Some quick and easy others not so much.

Started by DarcySupremest, July 09, 2014, 02:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarcySupremest

Love the new update guys, lets just get right into it.

>Nutrient Paste being an acquired taste
I get the idea that that its meant to be like this weird slop but I think a large minority of survivors should like the taste of nutrient paste, like 40-30% of survivors could like it. Keep in mind people like Pepsi Next and Vanilla coke ;) So basically when some survivors eat Nutrient Paste  they get a small positive mood buff.

>Take a break mode
This is something I feel desperately needs to be added in to help deal with the stress and mental issues. Which right now you can really do largely nothing about. I will probably make a separate post on the suggestions forum going into great detail and depth of this suggestion with new items and things that could compliment it but for now basically its a mode where when its activated the colonist that it's active on won't do any work and will simply sit down on a stool, rest on their bed or chat to another colonist, basically activities that help them calm down which will greatly help them improve their mood.

Like I said I will make another post that goes very much more into detail and will suggest some complimentary items and entities to assist with it.

>Tents
When you initially crash down you should get three or more small repackage portable tents or swags as we call them here in Australia something like this (http://www.brettproducts.com.au/uploads/images/ProductGallery/Camping/tent%2002.jpg

These simple shelters can be used to maybe half or significantly decrease the sleeping outside and sleeping on the ground debuff. Basically instead of sleeping in a sleeping spot and getting a "Slept Outside" and the "Slept on the Ground" debuff you instead consolidate those two debuffs into one small one called "Slept in tent" which still debuffs your survivors moods but gives them a much more preferred option to sleeping on the ground in those first few days when you're starting up the colony.

The downside is that for every say major storm or rain the tent is in it slowly takes damage and if the player does not repair the tent it will break and become useless. They could also be easily trampled by say a stray muffalo that yonders over and stands on them.

These are all the suggestions I have for now. If I ever have any more suggestions I will put a break in the post and add them beneath these current ones with the date I added them.

Tell me what you guys think!  :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

10/07/2014

>Saved from slavery buff
Just thought of this now but when you buy slaves, a large majority of said slaves should have a permanent positive buff or at least a very long powerful buff where they are relieved to be free from slavery and are loyal to the colony for saving them. Some slaves can not have this buff but I believe the majority of them should have this.

BetaSpectre

Support for all.

As of right now I just draft all my breaking colonists and let them stare at chairs while talking it usually does the job unless they're hungry or tired.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

milon

Sometimes I build a "sanitorium" - a room with lots of flowers, nice floors, etc.  Then like BetaSpectre, I draft 'em and send them to the happy room for a while.  Works pretty well.  And if all else fails, just arrest the colonist and re-recruit them when they're super happy!

Shinzy

I've been doing the sort of mind soothing zones as Milon aswell
they work quite well

but I'd still like to have some order to send the colonist to bed or go chill eitherway

would be great help especially during sieges so you can man the mortars 24/7 and beating out flames while the other half is recovering from the lack of sleep and food

or just the case of "Let's go hunt some boomrats other side of the map eventhough I'm really really hungry and tired and will probably have mental breakdown before I get the job done! wuhu!"

Untrustedlife

Quote from: DarcySupremest on July 09, 2014, 02:37:06 PM

I get the idea that that its meant to be like this weird slop but I think a large minority of survivors should like the taste of nutrient paste, like 40-30% of survivors could like it. Keep in mind people like Pepsi Next and Vanilla coke ;) So basically when some survivors eat Nutrient Paste  they get a small positive mood buff.

>Take a break mode
This is something I feel desperately needs to be added in to help deal with the stress and mental issues. Which right now you can really do largely nothing about. I will probably make a separate post on the suggestions forum going into great detail and depth of this suggestion with new items and things that could compliment it but for now basically its a mode where when its activated the colonist that it's active on won't do any work and will simply sit down on a stool, rest on their bed or chat to another colonist, basically activities that help them calm down which will greatly help them improve their mood.

Like I said I will make another post that goes very much more into detail and will suggest some complimentary items and entities to assist with it.

>Tents
When you initially crash down you should get three or more small repackage portable tents or swags as we call them here in Australia something like this (http://www.brettproducts.com.au/uploads/images/ProductGallery/Camping/tent%2002.jpg

These simple shelters can be used to maybe half or significantly decrease the sleeping outside and sleeping on the ground debuff. Basically instead of sleeping in a sleeping spot and getting a "Slept Outside" and the "Slept on the Ground" debuff you instead consolidate those two debuffs into one small one called "Slept in tent" which still debuffs your survivors moods but gives them a much more preferred option to sleeping on the ground in those first few days when you're starting up the colony.

The downside is that for every say major storm or rain the tent is in it slowly takes damage and if the player does not repair the tent it will break and become useless. They could also be easily trampled by say a stray muffalo that yonders over and stands on them.

These are all the suggestions I have for now. If I ever have any more suggestions I will put a break in the post and add them beneath these current ones with the date I added them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

10/07/2014

>Saved from slavery buff
Just thought of this now but when you buy slaves, a large majority of said slaves should have a permanent positive buff or at least a very long powerful buff where they are relieved to be free from slavery and are loyal to the colony for saving them. Some slaves can not have this buff but I believe the majority of them should have this.
seems like all you want is to make the game easier... i disagree with this.
"positive buff this" "permanent positive buff that"
Honestly.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

CasualSteal

I made a post previously (Simple Mood Changes) that had a similar one to the break mode, but I'm also in agreement that there should be more positive boosts especially over time as your colonists adapt and thrive in this new world.  But, all that would do is make my colonists generally happier so that maybe they can handle new events where someone goes crazy and cannibalizes his friend.  More positives allows for more negatives.

DarcySupremest

Quote from: Untrustedlife on July 10, 2014, 10:36:44 AM

>Take a break mode

>Tents

10/07/2014

>Saved from slavery buff
seems like all you want is to make the game easier... i disagree with this.
"positive buff this" "permanent positive buff that"
Honestly.

Get off it you can't look me in the eye and tell me we don't need more positive buffs especially buffs where there should realistically be one.

There is currently nothing at all to help colonists with their moods, all it takes is one particularly unlucky battle and the series of events that domino because of the unfair level of debuffs and you lose the whole game.

I get it, you don't want this game casualized, its hard and should stay hard, I agree I love this game's difficulty but the way debuffs outnumber buffs is totally unfair, its like 3 to 1.

But seriously, when I'm screaming at the monitor because there is fuck all I can do to stop my colony from collapsing, it doesn't feel fair, it feels cheap and makes me want to stop playing.

Sion

>Tents

The tents "obviously" have to be made of muffalo hide :P
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.