Colonist babies

Started by Holy Support, October 23, 2018, 08:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holy Support

So i sent a email to ludeon studios, did not get any real answer really i just got advised to post it here so this is what i wrote , let me hear what you guys think

Hello, I love rimworld and i think its a awesome game. I feel the game is perfectbut there is one feture missing.

And that is that colonists cant make babies. I love this game couse of the realism, like the cold in the winter and the farming of animals and how the colonist react to eachother in different ways and sometimes fall in love and have some sexeroni if you know what i mean. My pigs in my pig farm get ofspings so why cant my married colonist couple have a child. a child that will be the next generation. a better generation.

I feel like if the colonists are aging there should be a baby system. And a ide is also that if there is too much inbreeding maybe sister and brother have a baby for some reason there is a chance for like a gen failiure in some way so the child get very bad stats etc,

I love the game couse it is the best game off them all to show how cruel and real the world is. Like that some tiems you have to kill your last pig to survive the harsh winter, and well you understand.

So my question is when will you add this, not if. So when will you be adding this ONLY missing feture to make this the ultimate real life simulator in 2d?

Love you guys/ Tommy

AileTheAlien

There's a mod to add this, although it hasn't been updated since the game came out of Beta / Early Access:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28747.0

Holy Support

Do you think i want mods? No. I want the developers who are proffecional game developers to add this. not a fan who was like ohhh lets make this.

aimxoo0o

LOL.

That is really offending, because the mod devs do a really good and hard job. For free.

But I guess you just want an answer for you "problem". I can tell you that there will never be a "offical" baby system. So use the mod or play another game.

AileTheAlien

Tynan (the main dev) is actually done building Rimworld, at least for the time being. I can't find the post anymore, but 5 years is enough for him - version 1.0 is the last major content update for the game, unless he decides to make some DLC or a sequel. So, your options for having babies in the game are either the mod, or not having them at all.