1.0 raids intensity? potential bug?

Started by FTR, October 24, 2018, 11:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTR

After 1.0 I noticed the raids intensity went through the roof. I am playing on Randy Random Rough and it was tough before, but now it's just impossible. I get another raid/infestation/psychic ship before I even clean up after previous one ALL THE TIME. Literally every two or three days, one of those events happens. On top of that, half of those events do not appear on history log, which made me think it may be some kind of bug. At one time I had 10 centipedes + bunch of lancers and scythers attack me, and then literally just after I somehow defeated them, 40+ scythers dropped from the sky.
One more thing is that I built ship reactor at about the same time 1.0 was released, but I did not activate it. So it shouldn't have any impact on raids right?

You may say that I just got unlucky etc. but I played over a year on this map before 1.0 and I usually had plenty of time to clean up and prepare for next raid after defeating one and now I consistently get attacked every 2 or 3 days so it cannot be coincidence. I started my game in b18 on vanila and still play on vanila.

Keep in mind on the screenshot of my history log half of the events are not there. Like infestation between last enemy raid and ship crash.

[attachment deleted due to age]

TheNomad

Has your colony wealth gone way up? Raids normally increase in difficulty as you get more stuff.

If it's not appearing in the history log, try restarting your game, and if that doesn't work, uni stall and reinstall. Make sure to backdoor game files though.
They have imprisoned me and are stealing my organs.

FTR

Quote from: TheNomad on October 24, 2018, 11:19:53 AM
Has your colony wealth gone way up? Raids normally increase in difficulty as you get more stuff.
If it's not appearing in the history log, try restarting your game, and if that doesn't work, uni stall and reinstall. Make sure to backdoor game files though.

Yes my colony wealth did go up but I am not surprised about number of mechs and general strenght of raids but more about frequency. At my current wealth I deserve to be attacked at 40+ mechanoids, and this number was going steadily going up, but frequency of raids and infestations just became insane all of sudden.

5thHorseman

Randy Random is not fair. He just throws random stuff at you so you can get 10 raids in a row or go a year without raids. If you want less frequent raids, try Cassandra. If you want less frequent events, Phoebe.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

FTR

Alright I didn't know the periods of peace or constant raids can last that long.

Any idea why it doesn't show on history log tho.?

5thHorseman

Quote from: FTR on October 24, 2018, 02:17:55 PM
Alright I didn't know the periods of peace or constant raids can last that long.

Any idea why it doesn't show on history log tho.?
That I don't know. That was a rampant thing I also noticed in the 0.19 beta but I seem to get all of them now. I even see mad animals and weddings.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Ilya

Quote from: FTR on October 24, 2018, 11:12:47 AM
On top of that, half of those events do not appear on history log, which made me think it may be some kind of bug.
I noticed that too. Maybe not half of them, but a pretty large proportion. Happens with both Randy and Cassandra.

Jibbles

Quote from: FTR on October 24, 2018, 11:12:47 AM
Keep in mind on the screenshot of my history log half of the events are not there. Like infestation between last enemy raid and ship crash.

Events/raids don't always appear in the graph.  It's been that way for several alphas, in my case anyways.
I haven't had much time in 1.0, but I did notice more frequent raids/events happening in Randy during the unstable version.  This is not the first post I've seen on the topic, so maybe storytellers somehow got affected.  I remember switching from Cass to Randy in one playthrough, and it felt like I was playing with Cass the whole time since it was consistent.

kclace

Randy has always been the hardest with raiders in my opinion. Though Phoebe on rough just through a surprise my way.

Early game less than 5 hours in and I get a go juiced up outlander with a flak vest and autopistol attacking. This guy got shot 10 times before he went down. He even took a sniper rifle shot to the head and kept going. That was a scarface moment if ever I saw one. Gotta love this game.