[1.0] [KV] Change Equipment Stats [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, October 24, 2018, 02:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Simple and easy. Change the stats of Apparel and Weapons.

Steam:

Direct Download:

GitHub:
https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-changeequipmentstats

Like my mods? Consider supporting me!

Canute

Eeeekkk, is that an ingame cheat mod ?
I can see the it might be useful for developing stuff and want to tryout new stats without new gamestarts.
But for regular player it is more a tool to cheat stuff.
So i think you should move this mod into mod/tools.

Kiame

Eh it's just an example of how it can be used. And remember this is on the apparel/weapon so attackers will have these too.

This was made from a request by someone in the workshop wanting to balance out a few weapons w/o modifying the xml

TBH didn't even think of posting in the tools forum. If the mods decide that would be a better place by all means

Ruisuki

oh wow thats nice. I could use this for mod weapons too? Shotguns might actually be useful!

Kiame

Yes this will load any and all vanilla and modded weapons and apparel

Grabarz

I can't make it work - it's activated in mod section however whenever i try to interact with apparel ( vanilla ) or weapon ( vanilla ) i can't find anything about editing those items...

Same goes with modified items like Rimsenal or other apparel/weapon packs

Kiame

What do you mean?

When you go to Options->Mod Options->Change Equipment Stats are the two buttons [Apparel] and [Weapons] not populated? When you click on either an apparel or weapon do no test fields appear?

Grabarz

What i mean:
The mod is activated in vanilla mod manager - at the top of the list

however ingame sesion i don't see anything in MOD SETTINGS label

EDIT: shit happens ... i just redownloaded mod again and it works

does it works with mods ? i'm trying to wear some extra stuff ? i got only vanilla items there.
Anyway I'm thankful for this mod

Ruisuki

Could this mod affect offsets applied by modded clothing such as fashionrimstas global work speed given to overalls or the foraged food amount/pain threshold increases gained by chicken pluckers clothing?

Kiame

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 24, 2018, 08:29:39 PM
Could this mod affect offsets applied by modded clothing such as fashionrimstas global work speed given to overalls or the foraged food amount/pain threshold increases gained by chicken pluckers clothing?

I would like to add the ability to add/remove/modify those stats as well as ammo types (if possible).

This initial release is to see if there's an interest for this mod and start getting feedback before i go down the wrong rabbit hole  :D

I have a few bugs to fix in my other mods.

Long-term, if there's interest, i may expand this mod to being able to create brand new custom apparel / weapons within the game and then generate xml files so the created items can be shared.

Ruisuki

Kiame

Update:
-Added a second column specifically for weapon damage types
-Added the ability to modify weapons' projectile stats
-Added the ability to modify items' status effects (like work speed) when applicable
-Added extra code to catch anything going wrong on load

Kiame

Update:
Fixed a few bugs related to weapon fields, specifically ranges bullet and melee damage fields.

Just a heads up to everyone.
I've found my current approach to persisting data - through the settings - is too limiting. I've tried to keep it working but I don't think i'll be able to have previously saved data persist with the new version.

In short: With the next version of this mod any weapon/apparel changes will be lost

I am sorry about this. My new approach to persisting changes should be much better and will allow this mod to expand easier.

For instance you will no longer have to go to Options->Settings->Change Equipment Stats and instead just press F11 to open the window (the hotkey can be changed in settings)

Kiame

More ramblings.

My goal with this mod now is to go beyond just equipment and have all the game's things editable - weapons, apparel, thoughts, traits, etc.

Because i was going to break persistence with the next release what I've decided to do is create a new mod.

Thus this mod will stay working and as-is. For anyone that want's to make the jump to the new mod can. I will add a link here to the new mod when it's ready.

P.S. I will make the post in the tools section as it will very much be a visual database editor

Kiame

Pre-release of the new "In-Game Definition Editor" is available in the WIP forum:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46838.msg444861#msg444861

I will release a steam version in a few days (i want to get it tested and a few more definition types done) and a post either here or in the Tools section

I've spent the majority of time re-writing the code to be more expandable for future definition support. One big addition is the ability to Add/remove stat modifiers

Sadly all settings made with this mod will not persist with the new mod.
Make sure to disable this mod if using the new one.