Ogrestack vs StackXXL vs IncreasedStack whats right for me?

Started by cyberian, October 25, 2018, 06:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberian

Hello everyone,

I dislike giant bases with giant stockpiles so I use a stock mod. I have been using IncreasedStack in the past just because it was the most subscribed and simple. Now I realize it does not increase modded items stack sizes and I also would like some more control so I guess I should switch to one of the other two..

Is any of the other two mods able to affect new items from mods? Also what would you say are the main differences between OgreStack and StackXXL and which one are you using and why?

Can I remove IncreasedStack and add one of the other two and load my existing savegame? What happens to stacks? I don't care too much if I loose items I guess I won't do it during toxic rain.

Thanks for all feedback!

Canute

Just a hint, maybe you should ask at the steam discussion, since only StackXXL is availble at the forum.

But so far i know, none of them works with mod's that create new stockpile categories like dub's hygiene (waste).

cyberian

Quote from: Canute on October 25, 2018, 06:40:24 AM
Just a hint, maybe you should ask at the steam discussion, since only StackXXL is availble at the forum.

But so far i know, none of them works with mod's that create new stockpile categories like dub's hygiene (waste).
Thanks, I guess I will ask the question in the steam threads of each mod.

Interesting how you guessed the Hygiene mod yes its that one and also the Fields&Terraforming Mod it creates lots of stuff but I kind of have it under control with small stocks and priorities/exclusions. Also dried meat from Medieval times don't always have the plantfood for Pemmican but I guess I just keep that stock low and freeze bodies.

Canute

My personal storage methode are
Extended storage
https://github.com/DoctorVanGogh/ExtendedStorage
or
Infinity storage
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37698.0

I think special Infinity storage could fit your needs.

UncleIROH

I created OgreStack, I'm not sure what a forum release even is; but I do plan on adding it this weekend as a github download so people can get it if they don't use the steam client.

By default, things OgreStack thinks are stackable, that are not under a game category, stack to the 'Other' setting. ( I think this is also true for StackXXL ).

I decided against supporting custom categories for mods in the UI because the category list is already almost too many with OgreStack. Instead what I do for mod support that people request is add a specific support file that detects categories and assigns them a default category (without modifying the actual mod of course).

I haven't played with dub's hygiene mod yet so in this instance I would probably guess that 'Waste' best fits under the 'Resources' setting? So that Waste stacks as high as other items under that same setting.

OgreStack also supports in game stack limit modifications. And out of game single item def targeting via the Overrides.xml file.