Buggy raid killed my colony but it was amazing!

Started by m77k75, October 24, 2018, 10:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m77k75

A hilarious bug gave my colony a quick end.

I started out with 8 capable people, all with military backgrounds and some fighting experiences. It was the moment i picked up a helpless refugee in my camp that i signed my own doom.

Being notified about 10 people tracking that refugee didn't bother me as i knew my men very well and they were capable soldiers, so nothing to fear  8).
Anyways instead of being attacked by just 10 people my game freaked out and i had the "Raid" warning coming at me like spam multiple times at once. Must've been like 70-100 raiders coming for me blood... a huge crowd, never seen so many NPCs on one map. My thoughts were just :"Holy cow, i got permadeath enabled  :o" so i gave myself just a few turrets through dev mode to balance it out a bit, wasn't gonna accept this fate just like that.
It didn't help, the fight was glorious and i was even able to throw some tactics, holding the line for a few moments at well defended spots , but my men would eventually be overrun and slaughtered by the zerg. Even my brave warg-trio fought till the bitter end and were killed too. I was very surprised though when i saw that 2 of my guys actually survived the horror, and it was great fun seeing their mental health deteriorate from the whole base being filled with corpses and blood. It looked really cool. In the end one of the guys catched an infection disease but he wasn't even lucky enough to die from it. Instead he was murdered by the second dude who simply couldn't handle live anymore and decided to stab the shaytan out of his comrade while he was hospitalized.

All in all i must say that it's these situations i like about rimworld the most. You can easily lose the game but you can lose it with style  ;D.