Copy Debug Error Log

Started by TiberianSun371AlexW, October 25, 2018, 12:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiberianSun371AlexW

I have a problem with a mod Mad Skills

Now I know what you all are saying, this isn't the mod bug forum. But what I want relates to the debug consol.

You see, when the mod caused a problem, it created a debug log and I couldn't close it at first and it kept spamming the error window for awhile. Then I could close it. After another 20 seconds, the game crashed. And this happened three times.

I want to report the bug to the mod creator and hope he can fix it. The error message is probably key to this. But I need to copy it into a .Doc or PDF. I don't know how to do that. And it probably isn't helpful to say "uh, the game crashed and I have no idea why and I can't give you the error log"

Canute

WHY the hell you need to convert it into a doc or pdf ?
The error log is plain and can be open by any text editor.
Did you read the "How to report a mod bug" topic ?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38291.0

TiberianSun371AlexW

I went there and couldn't find the log. The folder is there, the log isn't.

So I figured the next best thing was when it came up, copy the log's text from inside the game and put it someplace else.

Or... was there a "make log" button in the error message I somehow missed? This wouldn't be the first time someone was like "it's right there in front of you left/right/above your cursor"

Canute

Everytime Rimworld start a log get created.
Output_log.txt for windows systems, mosttimes at the Rimworld....._data folder.
The error.log only get created when rimworld crash. But since you don't encounter a crash this one isn't needed.

And if you use hugslib mod, you can even upload the log and post the link at the forum. Use the Share log button or press CTRL-F12 ingame.