I think Randy doesn't like me at all.

Started by Grillbye, October 26, 2018, 07:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grillbye

I was used to play with the basic storyteller which is Cassandra Classic but nothing was happening on my game, so I went to play with Randy on Rough difficulty (If you have any doubt, I stayed on 1.0 and B18 versions which are, in my opinion the best builds.). At first it was certainly more fun than playing with Cassandra, but it's been, for 4 or 5 games, reallly boring. Nothing happens, not even a raid, not even visitors, not even sicknesses. It's really boring, even though I'm with Randy Random and almost the highest difficulties existing on those builds. Am I doing something wrong ?
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

B@R5uk

If you like it's being fun try playing with Phoebe. There will be peaceful times but every now and then events will pour down on you like from the horn of plenty. Thing will become really hectic. This is much more interesting that Cassandra's fixed frequency evens that are like bum...bum...bum, very annoying in my opinion.

Kirby23590

Phoebe might really slap you really hard in late-game, i mean i get a lot of people bed ridden with plague though i guess she hates me as well.

Randy Random in the other hand, well nothing happens since he might even scheme something really evil, while he just drops free stuff to you or random mad animal attacks, just wait until he decides to drop a crashed ancient ship in the middle of your colony and throw a raid when you're dealing the mechanoid problem.

I recommend phoebe too, just be careful when in rough difficulty when playing with her as your storyteller, just accept the Fibrous or Sensory mechanites as a blessing and a curse at the same time when you get them... trust me when randy or phobe throws these types of diseases at colonists, they may be unhappy but their abilities like their combat and doctoring has improved at the same time while they frequently need sleep.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

kclace

Launch a caravan that should get the ball rolling with Randy. Careful what you wish for though

walleras

I wish to see what happens when Randy honors your wish, and the man hunting yorkshire puppies hitting with an infestation and a poison ship devastates your colony.