[B19] Two on one stool

Started by NeverPire, September 07, 2018, 07:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverPire

What happens :
A stool used both for a research bench and a chess board. Two characters using it.

What should happen :
Only one pawn on one stool, or at least each one in the direction of its action.

Possible solution :
Not allowing pawn to use an already used stool.

[attachment deleted due to age]
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Tynan

I'd say it's not just about the stool, it's about the spot where the stool is. Two pawns shouldn't occupy the same cell while interacting with a building (or anything else).

SOLUTION PHASE 1:

We have to set up a PlacementWorker that prohibits placing buildings such that this can happen in the first place.

For work benches and other buildings with real interactionSpots, this will be relatively simple.

Kenneth should please implement this solution phase.

SOLUTION PHASE 2:

For other buildings like chess tables that can be interacted from all four sides, horseshoe pins, billiards tables etc, a complete solution may not be possible. E.g. Player can make a chess table such that all 4 sides are adjacent to a different bench's interaction spot.

For such cases, we'll need to have the AI reserve the cell it wants to occupy in while interacting. AI should also not be willing to do recipes/use buildings that would require them to stand in a reserved cell. This needs to be fed back; if you try to order a pawn to use a building but the building's interaction spot is reserved, the float menu needs to explain why it can't be used.

Since this is complex for very little benefit, Kenneth should please copy solution phase 2 to a Mantis bug and defer it for now.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

NeverPire

Sorry to give you so much job  ::)

5thHorseman

This makes me a bit sad, as my early colonies frequently have a single stool with a fire, crafting spot, table, and research bench so my one (nakedly brutal) pawn can be semi-comfortable in all tasks.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

NeverPire

Just hope the second solution will be implemented soon, it will enable you to use your nakedly brutal pawn as you wish.

Kenneth

Implemented Phase 1, Phase 2 is on mantis now: https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=3628

Thanks for reporting! ;)