Crafting-spot recipe can't be interacted?

Started by AileTheAlien, October 28, 2018, 05:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AileTheAlien

I'm making another mod, but I'm stumped on this one. My recipe to make ice-blocks can't be interacted with; No pawn does it automatically, and right-clicking on the crafting-spot doesn't pop the menu to force work. It works just fine in the bills tab of the crafting spot, and you can set a target amount, etc. I've used <recipeUsers> to add it to a crafting spot, which should be the same way that stone-cutting tables' recipes work. I also tried making a custom crafting spot by copy-pasting the base-game spot, and adding the recipe to that (not on a branch, so you can't see this version). This lead to the same end - a non-working recipe. No errors show up in the dev logs either, so my hunch is that I've got something wrong with the recipe itself. Anyone know what's up?

EDIT:
This seems to be something weird with my recipe that only uses ice-pellets, rather than ice-pellets + another ingredient? The cost of ingredients shows up just fine for all the recipes, but only this one is affected like this...

EDIT 2:
Now I'm even more confused. After successfully crafting two of my 4 recipes a single time each, now none of my recipes work...

AileTheAlien

Anyone have any tips? I'm stumped on this one, as I'm basically working like a normal bench, doing what I've done with other mods, as far as I can tell.

N7Huntsman

I'm seeing a few issues--you're missing key parts of the recipe, mainly the <workAmount> and the <Product>. Take a look at the code before--it's the recipeDef for a modded resource (in this case, a spool of razor wire) much like what it seems you're trying to do. I'd suggest copy-pasting it and using it as a template.

<RecipeDef>
<defName>MakeWire10</defName>
<label>make 10 concertina wire</label>
<researchPrerequisite>Smithing</researchPrerequisite> <!-- This technology is required to build this item. Don't want the requirement? Delete this tag. -->
<description>Turn steel into 10 coils of concertina wire.</description>
<jobString>Making concertina wire.</jobString>
<workSkillLearnFactor>0.25</workSkillLearnFactor>
<effectWorking>CutStone</effectWorking>
<soundWorking>Recipe_MakeStoneBlocks</soundWorking>
<workAmount>2000</workAmount>
<ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Steel</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>30</count>
</li>
</ingredients>
<products>
<RazorWire>10</RazorWire>
</products>
<fixedIngredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Steel</li>
</thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>
<workSkill>Crafting</workSkill>
<recipeUsers>
<li>TableMachining</li>
</recipeUsers>
</RecipeDef>
The Rim is a cruel place.

AileTheAlien

I've actually got both of those tags defined, but my recipes are split between a parent recipe and child recipes, so it's a bit easy to lose track of which tags are where. I was however, missing some other tags; Thanks!