(Alpha 5) Slow paced storyteller.

Started by AstronauticalFerret, July 10, 2014, 05:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AstronauticalFerret

((Updated the Storyteller to be nicer since people were saying it was still hard. ))

While i'ts not actually a mod, more like an edited storytellerdef.xml file, it's a fun little balance. At least for me. Enjoy

The Survivalist is a soft-core storyteller who enjoys a peaceful play-through with some small hiccups from time to time.  He is a balance between Phobe and Cassandra. It works well for me but as how things work in the world there may be some things that need fixing. Let me know if there is.

Thanks to mipen(I saw your mod, loved it! I enjoy having a bunch of people running around :D), ItchyFlea(For posting how to put up Story Teller pictures. NightShade is adorable), and Tynan(For making this horrible game <3) for the inspiration. Been wanting to make my own storyteller for a while now. Hopefully I can learn how to customize it better.

I hold no rights to anything on the forum, in the game, or my wallet since the ferret stole it. Also made this storyteller while drunk so if there are any typos in the file feel free to throw tomatoes at me. You're free to burn it, edit it, spank it, or use it in any way you please.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

homeworlder

This is great! Early game is usually too fast for me so this is greatly appreciated.

lilsammy

Sounds like my kind of story teller I usually play either Phobe and Cassandra so a mix of both will suit me down to the ground.

Geoblazer5

While I think that this is a great idea for a storyteller, i have a small suggestion to improve the storyteller's picture (on the screen where you choose the storyteller when you start a new game) to something that fits more with the other storyteller's pictures. Otherwise, great mod!  :)

AstronauticalFerret

Yeah. I couldn't find anything cartoony so I took a stock picture and gave it a fugly color in a failed attempt to make it fit well. If you want feel free to modify it yourself. I suck at artwork xD

Geoblazer5

lol whatever its not that big of an issue

Nibiru1221

Don't mean to look dumb but how do I install this?

Thanks.

BetaSpectre

I'm fine with the tellers as they are but sometimes they do get a tad extreme late game. Anyone mind telling me how the outlook is for the first year month by month? If someone can I'd really appreciate it.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

D4rk4ng31

Quote from: AstronauticalFerret on July 10, 2014, 05:06:37 AM
soft-core storyteller who enjoys a peaceful play-through with some small hiccups from time to time.  He is a balance between Phobe and Cassandra.

In my opinion its harder than cass ... First attack, 1 pirate. Its okay, like cass. Survived (yay hihi) ... corpse burnt, bam, next attack, three tribals. Survived again. Corpes burnt, next attack.

I cant do ANYTHING else. Im just fighting. If the corpses of the raid are burned, theres the next attack within the next four minutes o0 Am i just unlucky? I never had a game before where i used Alt + F4 as often like here.

AstronauticalFerret

No idea bud. It's easy for me and my own pace.  I'm on year two Game Time and don't have to deal with much so far. Most i've had to deal with is a raid team of 12 bum rushing me but by that time I already had most of my defenses set and my people armed to the point to where I could push back any force. If I really need to ,which I haven't yet, I got the little remote charges set up for anything bigger than 20 raiders to suicide cave in. Haven't had to do that yet either.

If anyone else is having issues with this I'll check it out by making a couple of new games and testing it out. It could be a matter of luck or not, I'm not sure. Overall it works good for me save for when I want a raid and it don't happen.

D4rk4ng31

Im in April, year 1 atm ... 6 colonists and 4 turrets on a nearly perfect bottleneck-position. The group of 16 pirates gave me hell and i raged ;)

But hey, ill test it again. A new game, a new position, a new Crew. Maybe it will be better.

oink

Day 27 first siege? :/
I am a noob in this game but the peaceful AI gets boring and everything else is to hard lol.

BetaSpectre

day 14 randy 90 raiders, 9 colonists. I win the fight but lose the war my guys went insane due to sleeping in flaming beds

Couldn't deconstruct/set as prison beds cause the walls were gone.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Nibiru1221

Yeah, I didn't see this as easier than Chill Cass. The attacks started much earlier and they got much harder over a shorter period of time..

(3 Colonists) First attack was day 14 - 1 tribal guy = We won
(4 Colonists) Second attack was day 22 - 4 tribal guys = We won
(4 Colonists) Third attack was day 28 - 10 tribal guys = We lost

I reloaded a few times after the second attack but each of the third attacks was too much for my colonists to handle. Maybe if all 4 of my colonists had 4+ in shooting/melee but 2 of my guys were no violent. Gotta have a good empath and dedicated grower/cooker.

AstronauticalFerret

Hmm. I'll see what I can do to tune down the increases in raiding/difficulty.