Raid Warning

Started by Artifreak, October 29, 2018, 10:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artifreak

What I found annoying with rim world is the limit on base size due to the fact that you need your pawn to rush to your defenses before raiders. It doesn't make sense that a base a few meters from the border won't see enemies until they're 2 meters from your base. I suggest several hour warning as you sight the raiders (except for drop pods) and options to have scouts or lookout towers to increase the warning time

aimxoo0o

Yes, I woud really like to see this.

Just set a timer with approximately hours or days when they arrive.

It is just annoying if you can't even take your armour on or prepare something. Just make the raids stronger.

There is also this mod. So maybe we should draw our feedback there. :)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46151.0

OFWG

Quote from: aimxoo0o on October 29, 2018, 12:09:00 PM
There is also this mod. So maybe we should draw our feedback there. :)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46151.0

Agreed, this is/was a good idea but IMO is more appropriate for a mod.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Planetfall

Eh, I think spotting is such an important system it should be stock. I always think the place mods have is more content or stuff that radically changes the goal of the game (Lord of the Rim's an example of both) But I think the quality of life mods (Allow Tool, Pharmacist etc.) and things that just make sense for this sci-fi outlaw universe (Psychology, spotting, safely hidden away, simple sidearms, pawns are capable) should be stock. I was hoping 1.0 would incorporate a few more of these mods.
I view most of these listed as utterly essential. I haven't played Rimworld in almost half a year because my barebones mod list is over 50 mods long. I hope now that 1.0s out modders will have the time to make everything compatible and more stable. I guess it doesn't matter that much... The game is stable most of the time, but I wonder how many new players would have joined if the features of these amazing mods where added to the home page. Would that have been enough revenue to pay the modders for their work? dunno.
Maybe Rimworld could have a Quality of Life DLC that manages to work the most popular QoL mods into the code. I'd pay 10 bucks for that.
Sorry, a bit off topic. I just needed to rant
Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.
_Carl Sagan_