[Mod Update Request] RT Quantum Storage

Started by StyxnStonez, October 29, 2018, 02:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StyxnStonez

The original developer, Ratysz announced he will no longer provide support. It was later updated by Killface for B18, but it seems he isn't working on it anymore. Unfortunately, I have no coding skills and must ask if anyone else is willing to take over this mod for now.

Xentor

Well, first you need the OK of the original Modcreator, or could get trouble.
And 2. Did anyone try if the mod still works and has only the wrong Combatibility number?

lperkins2

It's GPL 3.0, so no need to ask permission.  It will take changes beyond just upping the version number.  It's on steam under the name Quantum Storage 1.0, but is currently non-functional.  I'm checking to see if it's got the source included on steam.  If not, I'll ask the uploader for the source and see if I can fix it.

Canute

And Ratys allready said at the mod topic it is free to use.
Link's to the source are the quote.

Quote from: Ratys on August 30, 2018, 05:14:40 AM
You may notice that RT Quantum Storage is, once again, missing from the list - and from the main post, for that matter. This is exactly what it looks like: I'm discontinuing the mod.

For the past couple of years, I've been moving away from C# and towards Rust, and going back is a terrible chore that nets me exactly nothing. The amount of effort I have to expend for said nothing is much better applied elsewhere, so I've moved on.

The codebase and assets are still up, if anyone would consider taking up the torch, but I won't provide any support, comments, or explanation. By now, you'd be better off recreating it from scratch.

I will continue supporting and updating my other mods (possibly with exception of Bricks Don't Vanish, because the demand is abysmal and I can't be bothered to debug the transpiler NREs that popped out of nowhere) until at least RimWorld 1.0 - hopefully, none of the mods will require any kind of updating past that.

lperkins2

And it's done.  I used a big hammer approach to fixing the spawning-after-load issue.  GenSpawn.Spawn is preempted when loading, which may cause issues with other mods that also want to modify that method.  A proper fix would be to use the transpiler to add just the respawningAfterLoad checks, but since none of the mods I'm running mess with GenSpawn.Spawn, I don't care to do the extra work. 

You can get the 'fixed' version at https://lp-programming.com/rtqs.zip

If anyone cares to do a proper delicate version, with a transpiler patch, I'm happy to compile/test/host the better version.