Trait: Meticulous

Started by AnActualDuck, October 31, 2018, 12:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnActualDuck

First off, I feel like there is a master list of all trait ideas out there somewhere because it feels like these are probably common suggestions. If someone could point me in that direction I'll gladly take my business there. Til then I just had a trait that I felt like wasn't too outlandish to fit in vanilla; Meticulous.

Colonist takes their time making sure everything they make is just right. Sure they may not always produce a perfect masterpiece, but it's that little extra attention to detail that makes everything they touch just a bit better.
Global work speed -25%
Static increase in build quality by one tier for everything colonist makes

Basically a trade off of speed for quality. And yes, even though not everything has a quality to it, I do think the penalty should be global.

tinfoiltophat

I definitely like this idea.  Because it reminds me of those two shooting traits, maybe add an opposite trait called careless(That might actually already be a trait name) and have it have a positive effect on work speed and negative on item quality. I'm not a massive fan of having it raise or drop the quality a whole tier every time for balance reasons, but I think maybe an overall increase(or decrease) in the chance of higher quality items would be ideal instead. It could also affect plant yield so that meticulous characters don't make completely terrible farmers.

As far as a trait megathread, traits could probably fit in the Cheapest Ideas thread, given that it's just a little bit of tinkering with variables via already in place infrastructure..

AnActualDuck

I like your opposite trait idea of careless. And yeah increase in chance is sufficient for balance reasons, I agree with that. I also like the idea of higher yields, could work towards mining too. Thanks for your thoughts!

Call me Arty

I like these two new little "spectrum traits". They fit well with the rest of the traits we have.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Jiro

Not exactly what you have in mind, but a similar idea: the Quality Builder mod makes it so that pawns deconstruct and rebuild items if they are below a certain level of quality.