[1.0] Traders never hang around for a few days before leaving

Started by ocelost, November 14, 2018, 02:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocelost

Every time a trade caravan visits, the game says, "they will hang around the colony for a few days before leaving," but they never do. I don't think I've seen one hang around for even a single day.

This is occasionally frustrating, when I desperately need something from them but they leave before I can initiate the trade.

Canute

Your biome temperature can force trader to leave your map.
They don't like it when it is too hot or too cold.

But when the temperature is ok, and you should made a safegame when a trader arrive, and post this safegame when this happen again.
So devs can take a look into it.
But only if you don't use any mods.

Asero

Quote from: Canute on November 14, 2018, 04:07:17 AM
Your biome temperature can force trader to leave your map.
They don't like it when it is too hot or too cold.

I'm playing on an Ice biome (always winter) and interestingly I thought it was a bug that they never showed up during the colder months. Then suddenly during 'spring' I was overrun by traders and visitors (hospitality mod). Of course it's still -25deg so the traders just stay a few hours and then quickly leave again.

Canute

No below -30°c Map temp. no trader will show up or could be requested.
Same for +40°C (or +50°C not sure).
And when a trader is starting to freeze/overheating the caravan will leave the map with the reason of dangerous temperature.

zizard

I checked the code at some point and they stay for between 10.8 and 18 hours.

Keep in mind that nothing the game says is necessarily true. This is helpful to avoid gaslighting.

Kenneth

They will stay 1 day if nothing (like cold weather or taking damage) interrupts them.
I've fixed the description to state they will stay for some time. Thanks for reporting! ;)