Negative seen corpse Modifier removed when Medical skill is higher.

Started by seven_N_A, November 01, 2018, 11:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seven_N_A

Medical Professionals, especially those working in trauma, which I would say is the most common of Medical Case in Rimworld, aren't very impacted by dead bodies. Pretty much all year 1 medical students work on a cadaver, and horrific injuries and death is espacially common in trauma departments. As such I think it would be only righy to have a Colonist not gain the negative debuff if his medical skill is high enough. I think a good baseline would be skill 6, or if they have a burning passion automatically, that no negative debuff is applied.

OFWG

Love it, +1. Could even add a trait like "Wound fascination" or something to give a little buff.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Manuel

Should it though? Seeing a dead/anaesthetized body, prepared to be operated on, on your table is one thing. Walking past bodies riddled with bullets, rotting in the sun for two days is something entirely different. I think that would be hard even for people working in emergency rooms, let alone a "capable amateur" (= skill level 6).

Jiro

I like this idea, but Manuel is right. What I'd like to see in RimWorld is a "tolerance build-up" so that buffs and debuffs become less and less intense and eventually plateau if worked with for long enough, so that, for example, pawns get bored with certain joy activities if they lack variety. Animal domestication already decays, so why not desensitization?