A Bunch of Suggestions..

Started by iskillzi, July 12, 2014, 06:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iskillzi

First off Hello, I'm new here  ;D

I found out about this game via a friend playing it while we were hanging out and was very interested in it, and after 2 days of playing I have some ideas I'd like to share.

I've read a few posts in here with different suggestions to see what's in here but still I might be repeating other ideas so sorry if I am..

So I'll label them in different sections accordingly to make it easier for you to see.  8)

Terrain/Buildings

• Water - I'm almost 100% sure water has come up before, but I'm going to list possibilities you can use WITH water if you ever implement it.

Oh and look, I even found a perfect and simple way to texture the water :D (sand with blue zone over it)

• First off you could add water purification in order to make drinking water as another survival requirement (more like real life but it would be a lot harder to manage water + food)

Then there's fishing, a great source of food if you get a map with a lake.

A water pump for transferring water from place to place which would require an area to be dug out with a shovel.

Swimming stat (This should be fairly simple to add to the system as it'd only affect movement in water terrain the only hard part I think would be changing the stats from the already added traits)

That's pretty much the only idea I'm going to go in-depth on, so from here on it's smooth sailing.. oh the puns, water, sailing, get it? hue hue (kay moving on)  ;)

Smallish Ideas

Note that some of these might not be small because I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't know how in depth they are these are just based on educated guesses.

• Strength - A stat point to replace and modify the melee stat because let's face it, who really uses melee when you're getting swarmed by 50 people? someone with a death wish! but anyways, what strength will do is basically the same as melee does but also increase the amount of a objects they can move around at a time. Currently I think the max is 75? you could make people with 1 strength only move max of 30 for example and someone with 20 strength move up to 150 or 200 (maybe 150 cause 200 is a bit much even for a body builder).

• Sculptures - A building to make use of the Art stat and water if you add it. Basically makes a sculpture of a human, squirrel, or muffalo out of stone and requires researching Sculptures. The process of the sculpture creation takes 1-3 full days in game (depending on the sculpture, squirrel = least muffalo = longest) higher art would reduce the time it takes to make a sculpture to a minimum of 4 hours-52 hours (max = -20 hours).

And the benefits of a sculpture are the following: Everyone in the room/nearby area will get
    human sculpture: +15 mood
    squirrel sculpture: +10 mood
    Muffalo Sculpture: +20 mood

And I'm going to go ahead and stop here before I make this topic post an hour long for you just to read it hehe, I have plenty more ideas to share however if anyone's interested just let me know  :D