Sleep is for scrubs only

Started by Deredizockt, November 03, 2018, 01:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deredizockt

I came to that point where my Colonists just couldn't do shit because all were busy with making food, harvesting crops and butchering Boomalopes after stroking them...
After some time I noticed that some Drugs give rest and that there could be the possibility to take drugs instead of sleep...
I have 2 vegetables now I think it was too much for those pathetics...
Did anyone try something like that and got their colonists to that point where they don't take 2 hour naps or brain damage?

Scavenger

Use feed the colonists mod, allows you to cook for meals at once with four times the ingredients for a balanced approach, at four times the crafting speed. It just cuts down on trips back and forth for ingredients between every meal.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

saulysw

Quote from: Scavenger on November 03, 2018, 11:05:11 PM
Use feed the colonists mod, allows you to cook for meals at once with four times the ingredients for a balanced approach, at four times the crafting speed. It just cuts down on trips back and forth for ingredients between every meal.

That makes .... total sense. At home we have a family of four. We don't cook one meal, then another, then another, then another AND then all sit down and eat it. Cooking for 4 should take about the same time as cooking for 1, it just needs more ingredients. I don't know why I have not seen this issue before until you mentioned it, but now that you have I think I may have to play with that mod.

walleras

Quote from: Scavenger on November 03, 2018, 11:05:11 PM

Holy Moshe you just changed my life.

dkmoo

Or you can just make a high priority 1 tile storage for veggie to the left of the stove seat and another one to the right for meat. Then your cook won't have to make any trips and your haulers will keep this stashed.

OFWG

Quote from: Deredizockt on November 03, 2018, 01:58:33 AM
I noticed that some Drugs give rest and that there could be the possibility to take drugs instead of sleep...
I have 2 vegetables now

At this point I very nearly spit my drink on the monitor
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Kirby23590

There is a someone who is called a Night Owl, who stays up at night but can't stand because of the sun...

And there is a thing or a drug known as Wake-up...

Wake-up, Wake-up Wash your face and take your Wake-up pills!

I'm don't know if this is helping, but there is a drug in the game known as Wake-up, it keeps your guys up just watch out for the addiction, and overdose of them.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

The Great Muffalo

When drugs were first released, as soon as a ship came by with yayo, I bought like fifty of it and made my colonists take it every day. a few of my colonists started developing addictions, and then I realized that they weren't gaining as much after they took them, and once all the drugs were gone, they all went crazy. I haven't put any colonies on drugs since then as it seems to be balanced so that you'll never come out ahead if you use them. Weed is the only exception, although it is slightly addictive, I usually grow a ton of it, selling most of it and telling people to only smoke it if they are about to beat another colonist to death because they haven't watched the sunset in a while.
"I was chained up, only able to see shadows. They moved, they danced, they were my world. I couldn't turn my head, I couldn't face the light. But as soon as the light hit my face, I pitied those who were still looking at shapes made only of darkness."

avilmask

Quote from: Kirby23590 on November 05, 2018, 05:04:33 PMI'm don't know if this is helping, but there is a drug in the game known as Wake-up, it keeps your guys up just watch out for the addiction, and overdose of them.
Right, about overdosing.
In one of my campaigns, I sent one of my supersolders to clean raiders base, and gave him some wake-up, because most of the time battle comes to how long I can keep kiting raiders. He never used wake-up before. And when he used his first dose, my caravan gone missing. Wait, what? Message says he overdosed... But how!? It's his first ever used dose, and it's exactly one dose. How you can manage to ingest exactly the dose, meant to be ingested at a time, and overdose from it? Taking a pill isn't exactly a rocket science, you don't require any special skills for it >< Just one of Rimworld arbitrary things.

Shurp

Quote from: avilmask on November 06, 2018, 06:38:48 AM
How you can manage to ingest exactly the dose, meant to be ingested at a time, and overdose from it?

Because you had an undiagnosed structural weakness in your anterior cerebral artery and that one dose was just enough to push you over the edge and pop it.

Stick with psychite tea, it's modestly effective and much less dangerous.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

avilmask

Quote from: Shurp on November 06, 2018, 07:04:48 AM
Because you had an undiagnosed structural weakness in your anterior cerebral artery and that one dose was just enough to push you over the edge and pop it.
I guess, it's too late now to demand a refund from luciferum dealers, since they promised that nano-machines would fix any physiological issues, hidden or not :@
As I said, it was a super-solider, with all the best quality bionics, and maintained by luciferum. Easy -100k colony wealth with him gone  ;D

Deredizockt

Did anyone actually try to have a colonist who doesn't sleep at all?
Tried to give one of my other colonists a bionic heart and stomach but that just cuts the sleep to 6 hours a day compared to my "safe Wake-Up dose" which allows them to stay up for 22 hours  :(
PS: Safe Wake-Up dose doesn't mean the Psychite drugging is safe... at least my colonists won't  slaughter my Boomalopes when they get a mental break from that scar they have on their kidney... ._.

zizard

The hard drugs are mainly to help raiders be annoying. They are allowed to players to give an illusion of fairness.

Shurp

Quote from: avilmask on November 06, 2018, 08:21:09 AM
As I said, it was a super-solider, with all the best quality bionics, and maintained by luciferum. Easy -100k colony wealth with him gone  ;D

Should have invested in the bionic brain.

But reading the description of luciferium... you're right, anything that improves blood filtration that massively should dramatically reduce the side effects and withdrawal of any other drugs.   Of course, you could argue that it should also reduce the *effect* of any other drugs -- it cleans them up quickly!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.