Skyscrapers, Floors in Buildings

Started by m77k75, November 03, 2018, 10:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m77k75

Hey,
Did you ever wished for rimworld to have multiple floors in Buildings?

I know it's kinda unecesarry as the game works perfectly fine without it, but even tough such a feature wouldn't contribute much to the game mechanics it would make it more immersive and buildings would become more personal. You could finally build medival towers or skyscrapers, advanced defensive positions and in general safe some space on the map.

Let me know what you think :)

Call me Arty

I encourage you, and every new member of the forums to look around before making suggestions. The search feature is great for this.

Multiple floors are often referred to as "z-levels" in this genre of game. In the case of Rimworld, it has been widely requested, though dismissed early by the developer as something that would be too complicated and have too much of an impact on performance to be worthwhile. Other games in the genre (Gnomoria, DwarfCorp, and the OG: Dwarf Fortress) have these multiple levels, however.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Jiro

RimWorld isn't built to handle an extra dimension. The game's architecture makes it inherently incompatible with the idea.