Easy way to beat merciless naked brutality (and all other difficulties) v19.2009

Started by BLACK_FR, September 16, 2018, 07:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fritzgryphon

Quote from: 5thHorseman on November 03, 2018, 02:04:26 PM
but I personally found it much easier to fight off raids of dozens of mechanoids with marine armor and charge rifles, than the few bandits that totally wrecked my guys that had leather clothes and poor quality autopistols.

This makes me wonder, how much weapons and clothing are weighted by the raid point calc.  Also, does it matter if the items are equipped or not?

Colonist and bionic market value is weighted huge, but maybe clothes and weapons aren't.  In that case, decent equipment for them would be worthwhile, especially for high-value pawns.  Does anyone have the raid point formula?

BLACK_FR

Quote from: 5thHorseman on November 03, 2018, 02:04:26 PM
So I played an ultra-low-wealth game and won it on Randy Savage with few (but existent) problems.
So while "Keep the wealth low" is great advice, it's not - in my opinion - the panacea that seems to be the trend in this forum. Yes it's better to not have a dozen sets of marine armor in storage, but I personally found it much easier to fight off raids of dozens of mechanoids with marine armor and charge rifles, than the few bandits that totally wrecked my guys that had leather clothes and poor quality autopistols.

You just played it badly, to be honest. If you play without realistic degradation mod you can have best weapons and marine armor without adding to wealth any substantial amount. Also you should have good defense. Your traps and walls and turrets add some wealth but they definitely worth it. If you didn't use that it's on you.

I'm finishing my ship research in my current run with 1 pawn without interest on merciless naked brutality without good events except caravans and I didn't passed 20k wealth threshold. And I don't even use tactics that I described (I don't even lower hp of food) because I don't need to. I just don't have anything that I don't really need. And I don't really micromanage anything because it's not worth it, only few things like killing predators etc.

For your point of mental breaks. Just remove all debuffs, make good sculpture to your big main dining/rec/working room to get buffs from that, create pekoe tea reserve for bad days and you should be good.

@zizard
It's excatly right.

@fritzgryphon
They add their value (price) to the wealth, it doesn't matter if they are equipped or not, even dead animal body on the other part of the map that was killed by bear is adding to wealth.
In vanilla you can lower that value by lowering hp if item without any loss of utility.
Guide to mastery of the game - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46290
If you have idea how make merciless naked brutality run more challenging and fun - tell me