[Mod proposal] PLANES!!

Started by terec, November 30, 2018, 05:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terec

I think planes would be a very interesting thing, exchanging speed and reusability for big open spaces (air stips, about 24x4 in size) for landing and take off and HUGE amounts of fuel. The player could start by researching pre WWI planes, with a radius of 3 to 4 tiles, with a cargo capacity no bigger than a person. As progress is made, planes will be able to be bigger, more reliable, fly faarther and hold more cargo.

Talking about building, the contruction of the planes could take place in the air strip itself with materials like steel, component and eventually plasteel. Flying could be added as a skill (it could use research instead if too work intensive) and the skill level could determine the outcome of dangerous situations like running out of fuel, hydrolics malfunction or flap assimetry etc.

If the plane crashes you can lose everything and the colonist will run a chance of either dying or suviving with burns aand cuts in the middle of nowhere. If everything goes smoothly, then the pilot can land and colonize or trade with a faction.

I think this would be a great mod, but I have no idea how to make it and I think it would be great if anyone who actually knows what they're doing took a shot a it (even if it doesnt get off the ground  ;)