[Mod Request] Invention Desk

Started by Giraffe, December 01, 2018, 04:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giraffe

I was thinking that it would be nice to have dwarf fortress style 'possessions' in RW. Before rimworld I would spend weeks at a time on various forts in DF and I think I've come up with an idea that will fill that event and make it thematic to rimworld. It always felt strange to me that the colonists on these rimworld planets just utilized these baseline blueprints to craft items with little creative transformation aside from maybe some art (which I like, btw. Don't get me wrong)

My proposal is a workstation which utilizes both intellect and crafting skills to create valuable weapons, furniture, and maybe even bionics- at random.

One pawn, at the Invention Desk- would draft blueprints for a project (I.E. weapon, furniture, etc.) and then a pawn would use that blueprint to create another otherwise unobtainable item using the associated skills. So for example a recipe may look like this:

1x Weapon Blueprint: Beginner
30x Material (steel, plasteel, wood, jade, gold, silver, or uranium and modded metals)
10x Wood
2x Components

And produce say a blunderbuss, or a harpoon gun, or a makeshift railgun, or a nailgun, or a trident, many different possibilities
Some initial ideas for 'creative' items:

Bionic hand+Cattle Prod (hand implant, stuns, less efficiency)
1x1 Table and nutrient despenser combo
net-gun (non lethal weapon that stuns and can incapacitate)
Razorgun (shoots saw blades, deals bonus damage to legs/arms)
shotgun+chainsaw bayonet (melee bonus)
twin-shot pistol
cryogun (leaves a trail of snow, does frostburn damage, extinguishes fires)
electromagnetic rail rifle (shoot bolts at high speed)
ballistics cloak (shoulder protection)
Integrated toolset (hand implant, workspeed increase, ignites melee target🔥)
Automated Workshop Assistant (furniture that works similarly to a toolbox but must be placed directly adjacent and requires power)
Therapeutic Recliner (big chair which boosts healing speed like a hospital bed and is as comfortable as an armchair)
Holo-Television (furniture that provides entertainment in an aoe)
I'll add more as I think of them