Research bound to pawn - Is there a mod for that?

Started by Jeimss, November 04, 2018, 04:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeimss

Hi! For my next run, I would like to have my research bound to certain colonists. I saw a post on that maybe last year. Is there already a mod for that?

For more immersive experience, I would like that if my science guy dies, I must restart over my researches.

Thanks again!

5thHorseman

I think that was my post. It was met pretty negatively by the community and not at all by the devs or modders, and no I've not seen any mods that implement it even in a discussion.

I'd love to try it as well, though I admit it'd be a pretty huge change and would likely require a lot of balancing.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Jeimss

Ahh that's sad. I thought of something like recording all the research points that go into a research by a pawn. If one dies, the number is of points is lost. You can't advance dependant researches until you recover the number of points lost. If the number reaches zero, you can't build or craft any more structure that was relative for that research.

I could try to mod it myself, but if someone can tell me where to look...