incompatible/corrupted mods error

Started by AnubisGoddess, November 04, 2018, 07:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnubisGoddess

I came from Steam to seek more help on this issue. https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/18446744073709551615/1736595227847955503/?appid=294100 (I'm Palatino). Like it says, I've been getting this error for the past 2, almost 3 weeks. I've tried almost everything from separating mods in groups to deleting the config files. Nothing works. Whenever I do have the mods broken into types, they're fine (with maybe some small errors) and the error doesn't come up, but putting them all back together brings it back. Then there's the mat form errors, the unity engine errors, things like that. I've never seen these errors before 1.0 and I don't know how to deal with this...

Here's the latest error log I've gotten:

https://git.io/fxjcg

I'm not great at reading error logs and by the time I try to figure it out, I just want to stop because I don't know what is what and it becomes a massive headache.

Canute

Hi,
you have anlot of mod specified errors in the log, but no mod activated.
And i am total unsure how you did a hugslib logfile without activated hugslib.

My first suggestion are
- delete Core and let it repair/reinstall it from steam. Just to be sure there are no wrong files in the vanila gameplay.
- delete the whole config folder. At the option you got "Open saved data folder" thats the fastest way. or try
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\

AnubisGoddess

Quote from: Canute on November 05, 2018, 03:29:31 AM
Hi,
you have anlot of mod specified errors in the log, but no mod activated.
And i am total unsure how you did a hugslib logfile without activated hugslib.

My first suggestion are
- delete Core and let it repair/reinstall it from steam. Just to be sure there are no wrong files in the vanila gameplay.
- delete the whole config folder. At the option you got "Open saved data folder" thats the fastest way. or try
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\

??? I have no mods activated? Hmm, well, when the error comes up, the mods may be deactivating during the loading, since the error says that the mods were inactive by the time it pops up. Maybe that's how I got the logfile afterwards? I have no idea either, I've never had this error before in B19 or B18 when I first started playing the game.

AnubisGoddess

So after I had reinstalled the game and went through the mods, it was this mod that was causing that error:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1496570408&searchtext=vegetable+garden

I've had mod conflicts before, but they were just XML errors or things that were likely missed. But never had I used a mod that causes an error like the corrupt error. Apparently, this is a known issue when used with Rimcuisine and the LotR Third Age, but...

1) I stopped using Rimcuisine and..
2) I have the Unlimited version of LotR Third Age.

So since removing that Canning mod, besides the usual errors I get, that corrupt mod error hasn't come back!