Faction Cannibal Trait

Started by The Great Muffalo, November 04, 2018, 10:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Muffalo

I think it would be great if each faction had its own specific trait that made it unique from the other factions, but more specifically, a cannibal trait that applies to the entire colony. So, for instance, my colony could have the cannibal trait, so all of my colonists will happily gobble up human flesh as long as they are part of my colony (poor prisoners). This would make playthroughs in the ice biomes much more feasible as I enjoy the biome and making my colonists eat raiders and sometimes each other, but they don't seem to enjoy it as much as I do and are just insane throughout the entire playthrough.
"I was chained up, only able to see shadows. They moved, they danced, they were my world. I couldn't turn my head, I couldn't face the light. But as soon as the light hit my face, I pitied those who were still looking at shapes made only of darkness."

AnActualDuck

Yeah I'd love to play a cannibal colony. It'd be neat to select a colony trait and anyone that already has that trait is half as hard to recruit while people without it are twice as hard but then receive that trait upon recruitment.

The Great Muffalo

Yeah, I was wondering how it would work if an outsider that already had that trait were to be recruited into the colony. It would only make sense that a cannibal prisoner would be more inclined to join a cannibal colony.
"I was chained up, only able to see shadows. They moved, they danced, they were my world. I couldn't turn my head, I couldn't face the light. But as soon as the light hit my face, I pitied those who were still looking at shapes made only of darkness."

Limdood

Just an FYI, you can modify the scenario at game start to set a forced trait for starting pawns or all pawns of a specific trait with X% chance.

So, you could have cannibal 100% on all pawns and every pawn generated in the game would be a cannibal.

Drop it to 50% and you'll have a wide variety of cannibals to recruit, but not everyone would be an ideal candidate.

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but its a partial workaround.

cultist

I don't see much point in this except to force positive traits and the only point of that is to make the game easier...

A key component of the social system is the fact that your pawns are all a bunch of mismatched misfits. They (mostly) didn't choose to be here and most of them probably don't like it much. Streamlining their traits is in conflict with that idea.

If you're having mood issues, try improving the stats of the dining room, rec room and bedrooms/barracks. After a certain point, you NEED these rooms to give positive modifiers to avoid mental breaks.

AnActualDuck

Quote from: cultist on November 07, 2018, 10:05:27 AM
I don't see much point in this except to force positive traits and the only point of that is to make the game easier...

A key component of the social system is the fact that your pawns are all a bunch of mismatched misfits. They (mostly) didn't choose to be here and most of them probably don't like it much. Streamlining their traits is in conflict with that idea.

If you're having mood issues, try improving the stats of the dining room, rec room and bedrooms/barracks. After a certain point, you NEED these rooms to give positive modifiers to avoid mental breaks.

I think you're thinking his idea would be forced on to the main mode of the game, and it wouldn't. It'd be a scenario, completely optional. It could indeed make the game easier, but similarly the naked and alone scenario makes the game harder, and that's fine, you don't have to use it. However, after enough time with the game I do appreciate the idea of mixing things up with weird colonies and different scenarios. I've definitely tried building an all cannibal colony and I think this idea is a great way to make that more feasible and integrated in a way that seems fun if done with well.