Accidental damage destroying faction relations

Started by Freya 'Tail' Fairwing, July 10, 2014, 03:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freya 'Tail' Fairwing

Not sure if that's the best title for this potential problem, but here goes.

My colony was attacked by a pirate group at roughly the same time as a normal visit from a neighboring colony. The attack started just as she was leaving, so she took cover behind a sandbag emplacement that had a turret behind it. The turret took damage and ultimately exploded due to enemy fire, dealing a hefty amount of damage to her, but nowhere near as much damage as my faction relations to her group, which now rest at -94. Literally everyone hates me now.

It doesn't seem like this is meant to be intentional. None of my people shot her, she was only hit by pirates and damaged in the explosion by my gun turret that was destroyed purely by enemy fire.

Mendoza is the former friendly and she is where the turret and its emplacement was, so it's clear what I'm trying to describe. It just seems that relation deterioration from something that ultimately wasn't my fault is a little off. I didn't explicitly shoot her or do any harm to her.

BetaSpectre

I think there just needs a system in place to recover relations with any  non pirate factions
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO