[1.0-1.1] RimBees - 4.0 (30/07/20)

Started by SargBjornson, November 06, 2018, 06:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maryannae

Hej Sarg,
awesome mod, it has become a must for me!
Just one thing, would it be possible to make the selection of bees in hives last longer? ...it gets quite annoying to have to go through all the empty hives every ½ day...

Maryannae

Than, maybe, it is some conflict I have with other mods...
...what's happening is that when I select the Drone and Queen to be put in the Hive, and the icon change to the one with the hourglass, it stays for around ½ a day and than it resets and I have to re-select the Drone and Queen that I want installed...

Canute

Maryannae,
maybe you did something wrong or there is a conflict with some other mod.
Normaly the queen and drone stay at the hive until you manualy take them out.
Queen and drones outside a hive will deteroite slowly and affected by temp. so you should keep them safe.

What is the temp at the area of the hive ? Are some special enviroments at the map like toxic fallout ?
Is the hive indoor or outdoor.
What is your modlist, maybe use the green button "Share log" for a modlist if you used hugslib too.

platipuss

thats not what he tries to say

when you want to insert a drone or queen to the empty hive you hit the button to insert,
than interface turn to hourglass and the order goes to job queue. lets say all your pawns are sleeping or they are busy with higher priorty jobs, after half day if no one carries the drones to hive, order cancels...

he is asking if its possible to increase the active time of the job,,,

Canute

Doh, misunderstanding at my side.
Does he maybe use an old version, because the beekeeping job got a very low priority at the hauling area.
When he use the new version (2.0)
New Beekeeping work type, separate from Hauling and Crafting, and asigned to all Beehouses and Workbenches.
Does he enable this worktype for some pawns ?
Alternative i can suggest to use Fluffy's WorkTab mod, so he manualey put these job types for some pawn's at a higher priority.

I think a half day should be enough time, but i don't see the point why there is a time limit.

Maryannae

Quote from: platipuss on November 12, 2019, 11:08:04 AM
thats not what he tries to say

when you want to insert a drone or queen to the empty hive you hit the button to insert,
than interface turn to hourglass and the order goes to job queue. lets say all your pawns are sleeping or they are busy with higher priorty jobs, after half day if no one carries the drones to hive, order cancels...

he is asking if its possible to increase the active time of the job,,,

Exactly! ...I'm trying to have a dedicated beekeeper, but, especially until the colony grows a bit, it's very hard!
...I don't know if "active time of the job" is the correct definition, but I think we understood each other! It's the time the selection stays on in the Hive...

SargBjornson

Even if the hourglass goes away, the jobs are not cancelled, iirc, they are still queued. The hourglass goes away as a protection against unforeseen circumstances in which the job gets cancelled for some reason. If there wasn't a time limit, it would stay hourglassed forever. If you leave it alone the pawn should eventually get to it and insert the bees.

Or get more beekeepers ;)

EDIT: actually, I'm wrong, it DOES reset the jobs, so if no pawns get around to it in some time it does stop them :) I think I'll make this configurable via options or something

sidfu

the mod has come from the future Re: [1.0] RimBees - 2.0 (26/29/19)

Maryannae

Quote from: SargBjornson on November 13, 2019, 05:58:26 AM[...] actually, I'm wrong, it DOES reset the jobs, so if no pawns get around to it in some time it does stop them :) I think I'll make this configurable via options or something

Oh, that would be great!
And, actually, I've noticed that if the hourglass disappear but a beekeeper has already taken the job, the insertion will be performed, so that's something!

Also, I was thinking about the bees in a greenhouse argument, and you could make a tier 3 bee type that produces almost nothing and that has drones that can be added to other types of bees in order to make the hive work 'indoor', maybe with a reduced efficiency?
- by 'indoor' I mean: regardless of weather and temperature -

Thanks again for the great mods!
Keep up the good work!

platipuss

hello Sarg

did you get the chance to make some adjustments to use the bees in extreme environments?
-green houses
-hives & bees endurance time in extreme temperatures
-more frequent traders with bees

SargBjornson

Just updated!

v2.04:

Added mod options to ignore rain, night-time, temperature and presence of nearby plants / materials
Added mod option for greenhouse bees, allowing bees to adjust to indoors temperatures, instead of outdoors
Adjusted bee insertion job timeout to be three times previous (120 rare ticks, which is half a day)

Maryannae

Wow, that was fast!
Thanks a lot Sarg!
I'll try it immediately!

platipuss