[1.3] RPG Style Inventory [V4.3.1] (15/05/2022) | UI mod

Started by Sandy, November 06, 2018, 08:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpinard

Can I safely add this to a game in progress?

This mod is so awesome!

gbcat

Thank you for such a wonderful mod.
A little advice: please use red background if a gear's HP is lower than 50% (tattered) so that we can check tattered apparel easily.

BladeOfSharpness

Hi,
Very nice mod, a great addition really!
Can a tooltip be added to empty slots so we know the layer and parts that is 'missing'?

Sandy

Quote from: jpinard on November 11, 2018, 04:06:52 PM
Can I safely add this to a game in progress?

This mod is so awesome!
Yes, u can add/remove this from existing games. Thanks.

Quote from: gbcat on November 13, 2018, 12:03:39 AM
Thank you for such a wonderful mod.
A little advice: please use red background if a gear's HP is lower than 50% (tattered) so that we can check tattered apparel easily.
Thanks. i was already thinking of adding that feature. i was kinda busy with work, so i couldnt do it yet. i'll try and add it within this week.

Quote from: BladeOfSharpness on November 13, 2018, 12:58:43 AM
Hi,
Can a tooltip be added to empty slots so we know the layer and parts that is 'missing'?
Thanks. by default, only 6 apparel slots and 1 weapon slot will be visible. other slots only appear when the pawn wears the suitable apparels. so, only 6 slots should be easy to guess, know?
         | hats |       
vests | shirts | jackets
         | belts |
         | pants |

Sandy

Made a couple of changes:
- Added a color change in apparel's health bar, to show if its a tattered one.
- Added support for Boots and Stuff mod.

Thanks for using my mod.

Sushi Desires

Is it possible to toggle on/off the "Forced" wear designator for individual pieces of clothing with this mod?

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Sandy on November 13, 2018, 01:37:38 AM
Quote from: BladeOfSharpness on November 13, 2018, 12:58:43 AM
Hi,
Thanks. by default, only 6 apparel slots and 1 weapon slot will be visible. other slots only appear when the pawn wears the suitable apparels. so, only 6 slots should be easy to guess, know?
         | hats |       
vests | shirts | jackets
         | belts |
         | pants |

It may be easy to guess, but I'd agree. Be nice to have the cherry on top. Either way, great work with what ya did.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Sandy on November 13, 2018, 11:22:58 AM
Made a couple of changes:
- Added a color change in apparel's health bar, to show if its a tattered one.
- Added support for Boots and Stuff mod.

Thanks for using my mod.
fantastic addition. specially when some clothing names are very long and the 'F' symbol isnt visible

Quote from: Sushi Desires on November 13, 2018, 02:42:56 PM
Is it possible to toggle on/off the "Forced" wear designator for individual pieces of clothing with this mod?
Ah that would save some time equipping/unequipping all clothing for each individual colonist.

Sandy

Why though? bcoz whether i remove the icon or not, the game will still consider it as a forced apparel only. i'll try and see what i can do about it. Thanks.

Quote from: Ruisuki on November 13, 2018, 04:21:04 PM
Ah that would save some time equipping/unequipping all clothing for each individual colonist.
save time how? i thought having the icon saves time. u can see which apparel is forced with just a glance.

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on November 13, 2018, 02:44:08 PM
It may be easy to guess, but I'd agree. Be nice to have the cherry on top. Either way, great work with what ya did.
ok ok, i'll try and add that one too, in the next update.. but it will be some time.. Thanks for understanding.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Sandy on November 13, 2018, 11:41:14 PM
save time how? i thought having the icon saves time. u can see which apparel is forced with just a glance.

I believe they mean to make it so that clicking the icon would toggle the "forced to wear" state of the clothing.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on November 13, 2018, 11:45:23 PM

I believe they mean to make it so that clicking the icon would toggle the "forced to wear" state of the clothing.
yeah this is what I thought he meant. So that all clothes currently equipped gain 'force to wear' status instead of having to unequip each individual piece and requip it for each individual colonist.

Sandy

That would alter the game function and this mod is just an UI mod.

Quote from: Ruisuki on November 14, 2018, 01:33:31 AM

yeah this is what I thought he meant. So that all clothes currently equipped gain 'force to wear' status instead of having to unequip each individual piece and requip it for each individual colonist.
Why do u want to unequip and reequip all clothes? why do u want the "forced to wear" status? im confused, lol..

Tenshi~Akari

Because pawns have a terrible habit of running to equip apparel of a better quality status before one can get a chance to properly store & forbid it. :P Some find it much easier to just lock them onto forced apparel, instead of running to quality items that may or may not have the best of temperature/armor stats one would like them to have.

It's just more tedious now that you have to wait for them to drop & re-equip their gear in order for that forced tag to take place.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on November 14, 2018, 11:30:42 AM
Because pawns have a terrible habit of running to equip apparel of a better quality status before one can get a chance to properly store & forbid it. :P Some find it much easier to just lock them onto forced apparel, instead of running to quality items that may or may not have the best of temperature/armor stats one would like them to have.

It's just more tedious now that you have to wait for them to drop & re-equip their gear in order for that forced tag to take place.

I suggest that you alter their apparel restrictions in order to have them wear exactly what you want. Then they'll never wear anything aside from your designation, and you won't have to constantly monitor it.

Tenshi~Akari

Can't speak for anyone else, but I know I've personally done that.

But that doesn't stop them from going for a better quality item of those restricted items that has a less than temperature-friendly material.

Not the ideal circumstances when you're on an ice sheet & someone opts to head for a legendary Synthread parka over the normal Thrumbo fur parka they already had on... :-\

I want my pawns to still have a bit of initiative in replacing their apparel, especially when it starts getting damaged/tattered, but it seems to be kind of an annoyance when they don't consider the stats for the necessary climate they're in, rather than the stats for just armor & quality overall. (At least, that's what I'm witnessing here.)

Either way, there's really no pressure on my end whether Sandy even considers adding it or not, I just saw previous comments and thought of that probably being one of the main factors as to why folks want it is all. :)