[1.3] RPG Style Inventory [V4.3.1] (15/05/2022) | UI mod

Started by Sandy, November 06, 2018, 08:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueTressym

Hi.  I really ,ike this mod.  Is it possible to make it compatible with the Underwhere mod by An Ol' Spicy Keychain? 

It adds new layers for the undies; Underwear top and Underwear bottoms. 

Chaos17

Quote from: BlueTressym on November 17, 2019, 01:55:13 PM
Hi.  I really ,ike this mod.  Is it possible to make it compatible with the Underwhere mod by An Ol' Spicy Keychain? 

+1 specially because someone on Steam is trying to add underwear but don't know himself how to add layer so his "esthetic" mod bug if the pawn wear to many cloth.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1870010563&searchtext=underwhere

He said he is no coder so can't do much about that bug.

Apposl

Anyone know what was done to get this recognizing alternate races? Based my custom race off the Squishables race mod and neither of our races are showing up.

Apposl

Apologies I asked something I'm seeing now is likely covered. On phone and 2g data, and I posted before clicking through all the pages. Will do so. Beautiful mod.

Quote from: Sandy on July 13, 2019, 10:22:23 AM
Quote from: Falcio on July 13, 2019, 10:15:27 AM
Quote from: Canute on July 13, 2019, 04:09:28 AM
You NEED to report that to the Race author(s).
He made races they arn't 100% compactible like the other races, he need to fix that.
I will, though I'm still curious to how the author got  the mod to work on Twi'leks, since the very same thing would also fix Zabraks...
Hi.. like i previously said, i did check both Twileks and Zabraks with my mod and they both worked.. no matter the race, all units are in Pawn Class and thx to Mehni, i patched to that class.. so it should work..

Agent Smith

Canute

So blank like your message ?
Could you give a bit more details.
What is blank, the file you download, the display window, or ... ?

Did you download the mod with the Dropbox link ?
I just notice, Sandy made a mistake and add a extra folder inside the archive.
\[1.0] RPG Style Inventory [V3.2].rar\[1.0] RPG Style Inventory [V3.2]\[1.0] RPG Style Inventory\
So when you unzip it into mods, the mod can't work. You need to move the folder inside the mod folder to Mods.
Just compare how other mod file structure looks when you open them.

But if you got another problem, maybe describe it better and maybe include a logfile use the Share log button from the logwindow.

Sandy

Sorry guys for replying soooo late. I was caught up with work.
Quote from: Ruisuki on September 12, 2019, 09:46:50 PM
Arghhh the post didnt go through. Ok so i figured out why the footwear was being replaced. hands and footwear adds shoes that cover the skin layer of footwear. Chickenplucker adds socks which do the same so they are replaced, whereas his actual boots cover the middle layer of the foot. I have yet to figure out why the cape from Vanilla apparel expanded(neck layer) and the battle stims from medical supplements mod(utility layer, covering the waist) dont show on the rpg slots. I know i am able to wear the cape at least simultaneously with both types of headgear (eyewear and hats) and the battle stims alongside a toolbelt (waist coverage belt layer) at least, so maybe a slot hasnt been created for them? I have tried different positioning of the load order, including rpg above and below both mods. So far no luck. Given that...
Quote from: Tocato on August 21, 2019, 11:40:26 PM
A suggestion: Clicking on the slot (leg, head, etc) brings up a list of all eligible items for that category

I noticed some mods add suits which take up both the torso and pant slot for instance. Any chance this could be reflected in the mod? For example the warrior poet outfit from vanilla apparel expanded
would it be possible to show all of the slots that are available before their corresponding gear is equipped? I think so far this mod includes all of the vanilla slots by default: Headgear (head and ears) Torso (middle, outer and skin layer) Pants (skin layer) and waist (belt layer) 
but still is missing some added by mods such as: Gloves (skin layer) Socks(skin layer) and glasses headgear (eye coverage) and maybe the two I mentioned earlier? All dont show on the rpg slots before they are actually on your colonist so it would be helpful i think.

I also think what Tocato says makes sense. Combination suits which cover the torso and pants should appear on both slots, as opposed to only the top making it appear at a glance as if the bottom if naked. Just some thoughts.
Hi. rimworld clothing systems is really complex, with 5 layers and many more bodyparts. even with 10 bodyparts, that 50 clothes ur pawn can wear and i dont have the space for more slots. that and since im using 14" laptop, i cant make the slots and check its working in the small screen size.
anyway, a shoe covering the feet can be used in 5 layers. i only made enough slots to allocate the 3 common layers, onskin, middle and outer. many modders are making apparels that they want to wear with other apparel mods, so they choose uncommon layers, like overhead and belt. they wont appear in my slots.
the thing with cape is, i think it covers both neck and torso, right? if it didnt show up in the three slots using common layers, then the cape uses uncommon layers. probably to wear it along with other outer layer apparels, like armors. as for neck slots, they only covers neck, not torso. since the cape covers torso, it wont appear in the neck slot. the system is complicated for me, sorry about that.

Quote from: Tocato on September 24, 2019, 03:25:29 PM
Can we rearrange the rpg slots so that skin is on the left middle torso is middle and outer remains right?
the reason i made it like that is bcoz at the start of the game, pawns spawn with onskin clothes only. only jacket types and armors use middle and outer layers. so i didnt want it to look awkward at the start.

Quote from: Starsenal on November 01, 2019, 11:33:14 PM
Hello. Could we get a compact version of this mod? To specify, I would like the squares for clothing, weapons, and such to be smaller so that when I click on the gear tab, I do not have to scroll through a vertical list of things to see everything. I know that with mods such as smart medicine where I have my doctors stocked up with 2 or 3 different medicines at all times, it makes it more difficult to prevent this, but I hope that by reducing the size of the boxes that maybe this could be achieved.
the main aim of the mod was to get a visual idea of apparels, making the slots smaller than it already is, will make the textures even smaller and not clearly visible to everyone. sorry.

Quote from: BlueTressym on November 17, 2019, 01:55:13 PM

with my laptop screen size, not possible. In Steam, i already mentioned that if anyone else want to take up this mod and add those other layers, they can do it. sorry man. there are already too many layer+bodypart mix in rimworld and these guys are adding more to it. showing them all in slots, placed in meaningful places in the UI, is near impossible.

Quote from: Agent Smith on December 03, 2019, 06:08:42 PM
The mod is coming up blank
Quote from: Canute on December 04, 2019, 03:39:38 AM
So blank like your message ?
Could you give a bit more details.
What is blank, the file you download, the display window, or ... ?

Did you download the mod with the Dropbox link ?
I just notice, Sandy made a mistake and add a extra folder inside the archive.
\[1.0] RPG Style Inventory [V3.2].rar\[1.0] RPG Style Inventory [V3.2]\[1.0] RPG Style Inventory\
So when you unzip it into mods, the mod can't work. You need to move the folder inside the mod folder to Mods.
Just compare how other mod file structure looks when you open them.

But if you got another problem, maybe describe it better and maybe include a logfile use the Share log button from the logwindow.
About that two folder thing, since i made different version, using the new version names made trouble for other mods accessing mine, like Smart Medicine. so i used the outer folder to mention the version and the inner folder to copy to ur mod folder. I'll update the "How to install" section with this info. Thanks guys.
And Canute, thx so much for helping me and the others here, man.

Sandy

Hi guys. I updated the mod to 1.1. It also has 1.0 version, so it should work on both versions.
Added support for Capes from Vanilla Apparel Expanded. Thanks.

dearmad

So amazing! Thank you SOO MUUUUCH!

Tynan BUY these modders creations and pay em a royalty!

flyfire2002

Hi Sandy, thanks for your great mod. I'm trying to revive the CE compatible version of this mod. I have a question about a code snippet. Under 1.1 source code line 193, which is
foreach (ThingWithComps current in this.SelPawnForGear.equipment.AllEquipmentListForReading), the code checks whether current is primary, then decide where to draw it. It seems that if there are multiple non-primaries, they will draw over each other, no? Also for non-primary, brawler check (line 212), why does the code need to check whether the primary is not null?

Thanks for answering the questions!

Sandy

Quote from: flyfire2002 on February 27, 2020, 01:47:17 AM
Hi Sandy, thanks for your great mod. I'm trying to revive the CE compatible version of this mod. I have a question about a code snippet. Under 1.1 source code line 193, which is
foreach (ThingWithComps current in this.SelPawnForGear.equipment.AllEquipmentListForReading), the code checks whether current is primary, then decide where to draw it. It seems that if there are multiple non-primaries, they will draw over each other, no? Also for non-primary, brawler check (line 212), why does the code need to check whether the primary is not null?

Thanks for answering the questions!
Hi, thanks for using my mod. Sorry for the very late reply. Both of your questions are related to Dual Wield mod.
First, there's only supposed to be one offhand(non-primary) weapon, so i didnt worry about more than one non-primary weapons.
Second, the primary null check is bcoz of how the Dual Wield mod works. If you dont have any weapon and only equip an offhand weapon, the mod will consider that as a primary. And, if you have a primary weapon and then equip an offhand weapon, the mod will consider the offhand weapon as a non-primary. So, if I have to display the offhand weapon in the second weapon slot, I need to make sure the primary weapon is also equipped, hence the null check.

Sandy

Version 3.3.1
- Fixed the issue with 'looting' apparels of imperial troopers and quest helpers.
- Fixed the issue with memory leak when kept the gear tab open for long time.

I think i fixed those, but i dont have the DLC, so i couldnt check it myself.

Sandy

Version - 3.3.2
- Added mod settings to adjust the gear tab size.
- Added support for Field medic mod.
Thanks.

Sandy

Version - 3.4
- Added support for A Rimworld of Magic mod, code provided by Torann.