Metal from destroyed enemy mortars should default to forbidden.

Started by _alphaBeta_, July 10, 2014, 08:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_alphaBeta_

0.5.492 rev33723

I was conflicted, but I stopped short of calling this a bug and placing in Mantis; I'm treating it more like a feature request for now (feel free to move around as necessary).

Along the lines of some recent threads (one and two) it can a bit cumbersome to keep non-drafted colonists out of harms way during battles. I noticed yesterday that metal from a destroyed enemy mortar draws out hauling colonists who walk unarmed directly into the enemy siege camp trying to retrieve the metal. This obviously leads to some problems. The player must notice this situation and mark the metal accordingly.

Requesting small change to have any object like this in the enemy camp default to forbidden. The player can then choose to remove the forbidden designation once the coast is clear.

Note that setting the enemy mortar to forbidden before being destroyed had no effect.

BetaSpectre

The metal before the turrets is also forbidden so this should be the case with this AND mechanoids.

If you kill all the raiders before the construction starts (possible and with some luck) The metal will be all forbidden.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

AHoff

Had the same problem - got one of my undrafted killed and another one badly wounded -.-

BetaSpectre

Tynan may have intended on the metal to be forbidden since turret drops always have a stack of 25 as forbidden the other 3 of 75 are not however.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO