[1.0.2059] Wierdness in restricted food and caravans

Started by Pippen, November 07, 2018, 08:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pippen

I have food restrictions which make it so that my people will only eat simple meals, while pemmican and packaged survival meals should be kept. However, when sending people in a caravan, they won't eat packaged survival meals that are sent with it. That makes sense since I restricted it. However, they will eat pemmican, even though that is also restricted. Was the intention that banned foods cant be eaten in caravans, or that all foods can be eaten in caravans, even if they are banned?
If it is the case that restricted food can't be eaten in a caravan, could we get an option for food that should be banned normally, but not when its a caravan? I don't want my people eating pemmican while they have access to simple meals, but in a caravan, I want them to eat the pemmican

Picture 1: The meal restriction, everything banned except simple meals
Picture 2: 7 survival meals not giving food, other than the 0.5 my pawn already had
Picture 3: Pemmican giving food, even though it was banned
Picture 4: New Meal restriction, survival meals no longer banned
Picture 5: Survival meals give food with new meal restriction list

[attachment deleted due to age]

tyriaelsoban

I'm getting unusual behaviour with the food selection system too, but its not in caravans.
I've had to resort to wishmasters smart food selection to stop it, but its hit and miss as when you do use WM:SFS it and the builtin system have a chance to mutually break eachother, causing the colonist to disregard the restrictions of both and just grab the first food they can find, even if it will cause a negative moodlet (ie non cannibal eating human meat), the fu*kery i describe forthwith has occurred both with and without SFS;

I've had colonists eating cannibal meals when there's perfectly useful food items, berries/nutrient paste etc - i also have a cannibal medic that keeps feeding non cannibal pawns cannibal meals because if i unrestrict him from (using the built in food tool) anything other than designated cannibal meals, he wont eat the cannibal meals, he will eat the simples/PSM's/fines.
I'm getting a bit tired of my pawns going mental because regardless of if i mod the food selection system or not, someone keeps either feeding my cannibal kabobs to sick peeps who arnt cannibals, or chows down on one themselves cause its closer and theyre in the 'ravenous' area. (what fresh fu*kery is that anyway?)
Finally, put the system in for pets or its never going to work properly...

i've never had so much frustration trying to get pawns to piss off from the wrong foodstuffs.

Kenneth

I couldn't reproduce this, seems like it has already been fixed.
I've taken notes about the cannibalists prefering human meat meals and the opposite.

Thanks for reporting! ;)