DependencyChecker

Started by Roolo, May 09, 2019, 11:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

I created this tool because people kept missing that some of my mods have dependencies. I created the tool with my own mods in mind, but figured it might be useful for other modders that work with inter-dependent mods as well. DependencyChecker is a simple dll file you can add to your the Assemblies folder of mod, and it'll warn users that have missing dependencies or don't follow the right load order for your mod. What dependencies your mod has, is specified in the Dependencies.xml file, which you should add to the About folder.

Documentation and download link
The GitHub repository, including download links, and documentation, is found here: https://github.com/rheirman/DependencyChecker

Example
The warning dialog looks like this when users forget dependencies:

And like this when the load order is wrong:

Credits
Credits go to UnlimitedHugs for creating HugslibChecker on which this tool is based.

Canute

Very nice ! :-)
My 2 cents suggestions:
- What's about mod version numbers check ? :-)
- Since many people allready use Hugslib, couldn't you implemt these mod into hugslib ? UnlimitedHugs didn't maintain his mod awhile (or at last not the github one).

Roolo

Quote from: Canute on May 09, 2019, 12:22:05 PM
Very nice ! :-)
My 2 cents suggestions:
- What's about mod version numbers check ? :-)
- Since many people allready use Hugslib, couldn't you implemt these mod into hugslib ? UnlimitedHugs didn't maintain his mod awhile (or at last not the github one).

Thanks for the good suggestions! Though this is something I just created for my own mods, and decided to share for anyone who needs the same thing. I don't have ambitions to make this tool more fancy than it is. It serves its purpose for me, and as long as I don't need any more functionality, I won't invest time in adding any.

But of course people are free to expand upon it by creating pull requests.