Disable the colonist creation

Started by Dragula, November 01, 2013, 06:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragula

Maybe it has been posted before but maybe add an option to disable the colonist creation screen?
Like a checkbox at storyteller selection?

That way you really have to work with what you get. Maybe have some sort of balance in it so you won't end up with 3 nobles who can't build or mine.
Add's to the shipwreck-feel i think

Spike

I'm not sure if it is really needed...  you can always just accept what you have, with or without looking.   :)

SPAZZx7

It sounds like a convenient option to check on and off.
but i wouldn't say its a major thing that needs to be done NOW, after a few updates mabye.  ;)

Dragula

Quote from: Spike on November 01, 2013, 07:16:10 PM
I'm not sure if it is really needed...  you can always just accept what you have, with or without looking.   :)
Indeed but that can turn out potentially hopeless, e.g. 3 nobles, without a bit of balance. Although perfectly possible in a real-world spaceship crash ofcourse.

British

I've touched the subject of starting colonists' skills on another thread, if you want to have a look at it :P

Dragula

Missed that one :)
You talk more about the influence of the skills on the game, instead of balanced "blind random".

But still, skills having more influence would be a good thing.

British

Yes, I'm not trying to reroute you, but merely proposing a possible branching on the "balance" part you mentionned, as it seemed to be related to my thread.

Apologies if it was not.

Edit: Damn typos...

Dragula

No apologies needed :). It's certainly related