Merciless Wealth management.

Started by Sometenranadom, November 11, 2018, 01:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLACK_FR

@ashafee
Actually no, wealth management is enough for merciless, you don't need any other skill. I know finishing my Really Merciless Naked Brutality run and I don't use any wealth management techniques except "don't own useless stuff" and it's enough to keep wealth below 20k before making the ship. If I was fully using all the mechanics, I could make and launch ship while keeping raids at starting minimum (when there is one melee raider only). While keeping 2-years worth of food in storage, and all goodies that I want.
Guide to mastery of the game - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46290
If you have idea how make merciless naked brutality run more challenging and fun - tell me

Crow_T

Quote from: zizard on November 11, 2018, 01:35:58 AM
defloor fren

welcome to black fr mosque of wealth control

This is my favorite post of yours, well done. I imagine a labrador retriever saying it.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

ashaffee

Quote from: BLACK_FR on November 17, 2018, 11:54:37 AM
@ashafee
Actually no, wealth management is enough for merciless, you don't need any other skill. I know finishing my Really Merciless Naked Brutality run and I don't use any wealth management techniques except "don't own useless stuff" and it's enough to keep wealth below 20k before making the ship. If I was fully using all the mechanics, I could make and launch ship while keeping raids at starting minimum (when there is one melee raider only). While keeping 2-years worth of food in storage, and all goodies that I want.

My statement gave more so options on all the things you can do to make it easier by the level of skill they are. I did say I don't min max (as in wealth management to extremes) in my games. I do a little but not by much. Overall it is just having a plan.

Gadfly

Actually you can have all the wealth in the world.

500 golden grand statues, doesn't matter, exploits though.

Normal playtrough, don't own stuff you don't need and keep animals in check. Few fighting animals is allright, untrained they can act as a decoy.

BLACK_FR

Quote from: ashaffee on November 17, 2018, 09:28:21 PM
My statement gave more so options on all the things you can do to make it easier by the level of skill they are. I did say I don't min max (as in wealth management to extremes) in my games. I do a little but not by much. Overall it is just having a plan.

Of course there is more. Most of it I covered in my merciless guide, did you check it? When I finish my last run I will update for more cool tricks.

@Gadfly
Only way to own 500 golden statues is to damage them (which for devs seems like a legit strategy). Personally I not only use that mechanic for buildings, I don't even use it for items (I play as if health affects their utility).
Guide to mastery of the game - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46290
If you have idea how make merciless naked brutality run more challenging and fun - tell me