[1.0] Nobody in my home area cant leave (Caravan wont pack)

Started by Dr_Nyarc, November 11, 2018, 08:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr_Nyarc

I have a quiet modded Survival, still, im really confused as to why literally not even Visitors cant leave the area?This problem started appearing after I installed some more mods, including Faction Relations, Giddy up Caravan+Core+BattleMounts and some more unrelatable mods to this problem. Visitors are staying indefinetly and die of starvation. Same as my caravans, i get those error logs when i try to pack a caravan.
I currently got 3 Traders in my home area and none of them left as of yet (Probably 7-20 Ingame Days)
https://git.io/fptQj
-> New error log in comments

Its the same thing countless others experienced. Basically, the pawns you order to make a caravan (Even 1 person without items)
Just say "Forming Carvan: Wandering" Endlessly until they pass out.

I will provide the Savefile later, as i currently cant.

Canute

No it is more because you don't read.
You didn't read stickies and don't say this is for plain vanilla bugs.
Nor the error messages or mod descriptions.

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly GiddyUpCaravan:

Didn't say the mod description Caravan and Battle mount need the Core ?
Doesn't that mean you should put Core before these mod's and not below ?

Dr_Nyarc

Quote from: Canute on November 11, 2018, 08:32:02 AM
No it is more because you don't read.
You didn't read stickies and don't say this is for plain vanilla bugs.
Nor the error messages or mod descriptions.

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly GiddyUpCaravan:

Didn't say the mod description Caravan and Battle mount need the Core ?
Doesn't that mean you should put Core before these mod's and not below ?
Sorry about that, im quiet stressed out and this problem really grinds my gears.
Im knowledgable in Mods, i accidentally didnt put The core first. Still the same result
Here is the new Log (Comment below)

Canute

Yep i see. Strange thing.
And Smart Medicin got a similar error.
Since you use steam, all mods should be at the latest release and don't miss files.
And normaly these mod's don't cause trouble.

Maybe you should try to rebuild the modlist.
Disable all mods beside hugslib. And restart Rimworld, because Rimworld show many error's when you disable some mods.
Check if the log window (you need to enable developer mode at the options) if any red text appear.
Then enable 5-10 mods, and check if some red text appear, try to avoid mods they create errors.

Use Nature's Pretty Sweet as last, it cause some trouble at others i am wary about it.
Yes i know it is time intensive to add mods in smaller batches, but at last your only got 40 mods, other people got 100+

Dr_Nyarc

Quote from: Canute on November 11, 2018, 12:14:27 PM
Yep i see. Strange thing.
And Smart Medicin got a similar error.
Since you use steam, all mods should be at the latest release and don't miss files.
And normaly these mod's don't cause trouble.

Maybe you should try to rebuild the modlist.
Disable all mods beside hugslib. And restart Rimworld, because Rimworld show many error's when you disable some mods.
Check if the log window (you need to enable developer mode at the options) if any red text appear.
Then enable 5-10 mods, and check if some red text appear, try to avoid mods they create errors.

Use Nature's Pretty Sweet as last, it cause some trouble at others i am wary about it.
Yes i know it is time intensive to add mods in smaller batches, but at last your only got 40 mods, other people got 100+

Played around with it some time now:
Idk.....i tried disabling mods for over 1 hour now, nothing seems to help. And when i disable certain mods on  my Modded Survival (Alpha Animals for example), it gives me either a complete gray screen or nothing moves

Im so sad rn and dont know what else todo...

Dr_Nyarc

Here is the savefile.... http://puu.sh/C0bfR/ab019c6c85.rws
Maybe you can figure out If there is any way of fixing this bug temporarily.

in another forum, i read that you can somehow edit the logs or savefile to eliminate this problem?

Dr_Nyarc

Ok here, NEW PROBLEM???

Now, someone started a party, and IT DOESNT END!

Similar problem i guess..... what the hell is wrong ??

Canute

Sure it is basicly possible to edit the safegame. It is a plain text file and any text-editor can do it.
And if someone got good knowledge about the structure of the safegame could do that.
But it would only be a temporary solution, since it didn't remove the problem itself.
One or more mods cause incompactiblities, so similar things will happen again in the future.

Best way would be to rebuild your modlist, so no error's show up after a rimworld start.
Only when you got no error, the chances are good to have no glitch later in the gameplay. That's why it is a bad idea to play permadeath with a heavy modded game.

Dr_Nyarc

Quote from: Canute on November 12, 2018, 03:58:48 AM
Sure it is basicly possible to edit the safegame. It is a plain text file and any text-editor can do it.
And if someone got good knowledge about the structure of the safegame could do that.
But it would only be a temporary solution, since it didn't remove the problem itself.
One or more mods cause incompactiblities, so similar things will happen again in the future.

Best way would be to rebuild your modlist, so no error's show up after a rimworld start.
Only when you got no error, the chances are good to have no glitch later in the gameplay. That's why it is a bad idea to play permadeath with a heavy modded game.

Surely, Ill do that today again and build a modlist from 0. Still - The problem lies in my savegame aswell. I cant start it without specific mods, and the party problem didnt eliminate itself after i started it with those crucial mods, but nothing else. I dont wanna give up my save.... I poured 200 hrs into that .....

Edit: Found a stable modbranch, i saved it with my colony. I'll probably open a new forum to ask for help speciifally to somehow fix this Savefile http://puu.sh/C0CU4/482d2d6f9a.rws

Thanks for your help so far

Kenneth

Same issue as we got here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46360.msg441092#msg441092

The problem seems to be created by a mod and saved in the savegame, so it even breaks with vanilla on a modded savegame.
Razuhl posted a solution on how to fix your savegame here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46631.msg443133#msg443133

I fixed this issue recently by adding some fail-safety in this place so if a mod breaks one thing it doesnt break the entire game.
Thanks for reporting! ;)