Is there any reason to grow anything besides rice?

Started by jpinard, November 12, 2018, 03:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow_T

I like to diversify, rice in rich soil, if there is a lot of rich soil just a reasonable sized plot, I'll pop healroot in next. Regular soil gets potatoes and corn, It's nice to have crop harvest time staggered a bit so you always have something ready in an emergency IMO. Usually right before winter you can get a big corn harvest which is huge. I am a pretty sloppy player so having all three in waiting makes life easy. I like rice early, but it seems like a lot of work for the yield in general.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

cultist

Quote from: Crow_T on November 13, 2018, 06:39:39 PM
I like to diversify, rice in rich soil, if there is a lot of rich soil just a reasonable sized plot, I'll pop healroot in next.

I'd just like to add that the slowest crops get the biggest advantage from rich soil since the bonus is %-based. +20% growspeed on rice (okay it's +40% for rice but still) or berries is okay. +20% growspeed on cotton or devilstrand is a pretty big deal, especially if your map has limited growing seasons.