[1.0] Rim of Madness - Bones V2.0

Started by SihvMan, May 18, 2017, 04:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dezdanna

Hello getting a bug, my pawns don't seem to be able to finish building things out of bone, the ticks reach zero but then the blueprint remains there and nothing happens and if I cancel it I don't get any bones back, where should I post the error text, if anywhere?

EDIT: the game suddenly started throwing exceptions at the "make bone ash" job as well and my pawns get stuck picking up and dropping bones, but it was working fine before.
EDIT 2: it's now happening with bonecrete as well, same as the bone ash, and from the looks of it it happens with anything that requires bones to make, including skull masks, but not with things that require bone ash or bonecrete.

Canute

QuoteEDIT: the game suddenly started throwing exceptions
Did you update or add mod(s) suddenly/recently ?

Does this happen on a new colony too ? (When you got hugslib and dev mode on, shift leftclick on the right icon on top to start a quick test colony).

Like for all problems, a logfile would be helpful too. If you got hugslib the green "Share logs" button or the default Rimworld logfile + modlist.

Rust Cohle

Canute

Since bone can be used like wood, yes.
And additional Bone chair and throne.

Dezdanna

Quote from: Canute on February 04, 2019, 03:11:54 AM
QuoteEDIT: the game suddenly started throwing exceptions
Did you update or add mod(s) suddenly/recently ?

Does this happen on a new colony too ? (When you got hugslib and dev mode on, shift leftclick on the right icon on top to start a quick test colony).

Like for all problems, a logfile would be helpful too. If you got hugslib the green "Share logs" button or the default Rimworld logfile + modlist.

It was a new colony, I recently re-installed rimworld and included the bones mod in my game together with a bunch of other mods, the reason I said "suddenly started" is because when I first started the game it was working fine then it suddenly broke with no warning, I also didn't share the log file because I didn't know if I should do it here or somewhere else, but here is the logs of my current colony: https://git.io/fh9v3
and the logs of the quick test colony: https://git.io/fh9vR

Canute

Yep, alot of jobdriver issues, and some pawn can't ride a thrumbo.
But at all i don't think it is an issue with Bones , more a overall mod incompactiblity.
Since you manualy installed the mods, try to update the mod if you didn't done it yet.
Special the Giddyup series should be uptodate !
I think the
"Could not resolve reference to object with loadID Thing_MeleeWeapon_Gladius63634 ....."
is with an update of weaponstorage fixed too.

Generell at Rimworld start no big error's showed up which is basicly a good thing.

Dezdanna

Quote from: Canute on February 05, 2019, 04:29:07 AM
Yep, alot of jobdriver issues, and some pawn can't ride a thrumbo.
But at all i don't think it is an issue with Bones , more a overall mod incompactiblity.
Since you manualy installed the mods, try to update the mod if you didn't done it yet.
Special the Giddyup series should be uptodate !
I think the
"Could not resolve reference to object with loadID Thing_MeleeWeapon_Gladius63634 ....."
is with an update of weaponstorage fixed too.

Generell at Rimworld start no big error's showed up which is basicly a good thing.

Alright, thanks! I just figured it was bones because it was the only one acting up.

Vehicular_Zombicide

Is it possible to add a feature where butchering humanlike gives a special type of bone known as "humanlike bone" instead of regular bone? It could have all the functionality of regular bone, just with a reduction in beauty for anything made out of it since human bone furniture is horrifying.

Just a separate idea that could be incorporated into the first one, a skull trophy could be made too- it would either be a special type of statue requiring bone or humanlike bone, or perhaps it could be an item like the books in Rimwriter with the skull trophies going into a special skull shelf (like the book shelf). It would be an interesting way to take more macabre trophies.