Please help me mod mechanoid raid wealth formula (to tone it down a bit)

Started by jpinard, November 10, 2018, 10:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpinard

I don't want to get rid of mech raids via crahsed ship or just raids in general, but I do want to tone down the formula so not so many mechs are spawned when they raid.  I know there's a formula and points system.  So I figure if I assigned a higher value to each type of mech, then fewer mechs would spawn.

Would someone be up for helping me accomplish this?

5thHorseman

It looks like the number you want to change is CombatPower. Look into patching (it's pretty straightforward though don't be surprised if it's your first time that it takes several tries) and change that value for the pawns. Looks like centepedes are worth 400 and the others are 160. Not sure how that matches up with humans and weapons and whatnot.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Kirby23590

Try messing around with the raidCommonalityFromPointsCurve Points in the FactionDefs of the Mechanoids. They are in the Factions_Hidden there.

Try messing it around. It should look like this

<raidCommonalityFromPointsCurve>
       <points>
        <li>(700, 0.1)</li>
        <li>(900, 0.2)</li>
        <li>(1200, 1)</li>
        <li>(4000, 1.5)</li>
      </points>
</raidCommonalityFromPointsCurve>

I swear the 4000 with the 1.5 has something to with it...

To be honest, i didn't test this by messing with the code... So, be careful what you modify.

All i did when i saw this was replace them with zeros instead by copy and pasting the Insect faction's raidCommonalityFromPointsCurve since ingame they don't raid you at all, the Insect faction only appears in infestation events & deep drilling incidents as well...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

jpinard

Quote from: 5thHorseman on November 10, 2018, 11:04:53 PM
It looks like the number you want to change is CombatPower. Look into patching (it's pretty straightforward though don't be surprised if it's your first time that it takes several tries) and change that value for the pawns. Looks like centepedes are worth 400 and the others are 160. Not sure how that matches up with humans and weapons and whatnot.

See all I want to do is change the mechs, so that would be perfect.
So if I just do a file withnthe appropriate subdirectory and swap out the code, with:
<Defs>
on the upper and lower boundaries of the xml file, it will over-ride the vanilla values?
@kirby23590
That is interesting.  Will look at doing that and sussing out the numbers if I decide I want to lower raid power for everything.