[MOD REQUEST] Old deadfall traps

Started by just_a_random, November 13, 2018, 08:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_a_random

I liked the previous version more so if anyone can turn them into a mod it would be very nice

Jiro

I'm also interested in this. I think I asked about it before, but I didn't get a response. Maybe there is no such mod.

AnActualDuck

I'd like to see a middle ground if that were an option, a trap with a chance of breaking. Preferably a chance of breaking that increases with each use but the easier way would be a trap that just had a static 10% chance of breaking or something. That's what seems reasonable to me, anyway. Anyway, not to butt in on your request, just something I've always thought felt more appropriate.

5thHorseman

Quote from: AnActualDuck on November 13, 2018, 07:43:21 PM
I'd like to see a middle ground if that were an option, a trap with a chance of breaking. Preferably a chance of breaking that increases with each use but the easier way would be a trap that just had a static 10% chance of breaking or something. That's what seems reasonable to me, anyway. Anyway, not to butt in on your request, just something I've always thought felt more appropriate.
Oooh I like. Maybe:

If the trap does not kill the target, it breaks.
If it does kill the target, it has a chance to break that is (damage needed to kill)/(damage the trap could deal total).
So a rabbit in a plasteel trap won't be such a huge terrible thing. Sometimes :D
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

AnActualDuck

Quote from: 5thHorseman on November 13, 2018, 08:47:30 PM
Quote from: AnActualDuck on November 13, 2018, 07:43:21 PM
Oooh I like. Maybe:

If the trap does not kill the target, it breaks.
If it does kill the target, it has a chance to break that is (damage needed to kill)/(damage the trap could deal total).
So a rabbit in a plasteel trap won't be such a huge terrible thing. Sometimes :D

Clever, would probably take a little more effort to program it if I had to guess (but I'm a dummy) but it'd be nice to see traps that broke/reacted based on results. Heck, imagine if we could dictate based on weight? Took down a bear? K it broke doing so. A rabbit? Ha! I think it's head is still around here somewhere...