[Mod Idea] Join the dark side (become friendly with pirate bands)

Started by AnActualDuck, November 13, 2018, 08:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnActualDuck

This mod would add an even, "Join the Dark Side," and upon attending will always result in setting the pirate band to a neutral 0, and all other factions to -100 hostile and unchangeable unless you complete the opposite quest of "Join the Light Side"

Here are a few ways I could see this changing gameplay:
New Quests such as;
  - Assist us with this raid (We're planning a raid, you want in?)
  - Prisoner Exchange (We've got this prisoner and are in need of X, care to trade? Meet us here)
  - Caravan Ambush (We've got word a caravan will be passing through x spot on x day, meet us there)
  - Fencing (We just stole X, Y, and Z and need a place to offload it, interested in it for X Silver?)
  - Slave Trade (We are in desperate need of X labor, got anyone you can spare for X silver per level?)
Aside from some unique quests there should also be some benefits to doing this. A few thoughts I had were allied pirates are more likely to show up to assist you. Allied pirates cost silver, but not goodwill, to request aid. Pirate traders are cheaper than regular traders because it's mostly stolen goods anyway. Pirate traders don't do different kinds of caravans, instead doing extra large caravans that cater to everything.

The down side of this should be clear, more negative factions equals more raids against you, less trading opportunities, more ambushes to caravans, and maybe even less trade ships (can't decide if that's going too far). Got to make sure there are consequences, though, right?

Anyway, if no one out there could actually make this mod, I hope some of you at least enjoy the idea of it, I think it sounds fun anyways. And if you do think it sounds fun please let me know what you would add or change to my original idea. Even if it doesn't get made it's always fun to hear all your creative ideas.

Daïkï97427

Great ideas, specially for the "assist raid" event, that should be for all the factions

Kirby23590

Or better yet. Play as Pirates.

Their Scenario would be similar to crashlanded starting with 3 people, but they have random clothing and have a mix of leather or devilstrand clothing, along with a triple rocket launcher or doomsday launcher they stole.

The Friendly factions such as Civil Outlanders and Gentle Tribes are instantly Hostile but You are instantly allied with Pirate Faction Already, since you are pirates already.

Though like the pirates. They don't sow that much, making it their weakness. They can still build though but and can only trade with your pirate ally only and orbital traders. By copying this line.
QuotePirates don't sow that much, they don't can still build, and they rarely trade. Driven by a blood-and-honor culture that values personal strength and ruthlessness

They would be an interesting faction to play as, being more raider-ish and a group of outlaws, though i don't know how it would be implemented...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Canute

Not to forget to demand ransom for kidnapped pawn's you take during raids and the ability to kidnap downed pawns.
And access to the pirate wholeseller store, or many pirate trader to spend your money.