Ancient Danger didn't feel very Ancient.

Started by JayratX8, November 12, 2018, 03:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayratX8

i opened a cryo chambers/tube after winning the fight with the mechanoids and found an aggressive human inside. this makes sense, since the old world was at war crumbling around this individuals ears. so they are place into this sleep for the future of whom ever places them there. however i would suggest to make sure your cryo chambers/tubes contain an Ancient aged individual. sure it was fine to see them looking like they are 33 years old, yet the age (45)l;really? this destroyed the idea that this was an Ancient threat. people might say oh the mechanoids just captured the individual. well the idea of a danger being labeled Ancient is that it's been burred for hundreds maybe thousands of years! so if i see a person crawl out of this chamber i expect them to be a little old than (45). also do the chambers only contain people? maybe once in a wile they might contain items instead.
Take it easy; Take it sleazy, Take it anyway you can. BUT! remember, don't squeeze the Charmin.

5thHorseman

Maybe they crashed 45 years ago, found the ancient danger and hopped in a cryosleep casket as the mechanoids were bearing down on them.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

vzoxz0

No, he's right, the people in cryosleep should be very old chronologically.

Kirby23590

I want ancient to be more than just cyrosleep blocks. Instead why not breaking into some tombs with valuable treasures such as gold and artifacts from a bygone civilization or a forgotten vault or armory containing weapons or those powerful doomsday launchers or antigrain warheads?

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

cultist

Quote from: JayratX8 on November 12, 2018, 03:48:41 AM
also do the chambers only contain people? maybe once in a wile they might contain items instead.

They can also contain megascarabs, at least they used to. If items spawn, I think they only spawn on the floor in the "ancient" room. Also, the people usually carry good stuff like quality weapons, hyperweave clothing, gold, medicine etc.