[Mod request] Suspend work bill on completion option.

Started by Rock5, November 14, 2018, 09:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

Here's the scenario. I get a trade request for 20 Ikwa of normal quality or better which I decide to do. I set the bill on the smithy to make 20 Ikwa but realise that if I just make 20 they might not all meet the requirements of normal quality or better. So I set it to "do until" I have 20 and set the count filter to normal quality.

Some time later, after I return with my pawn having completed the trade request, I notice that I have a lot of Ikwa in my stockpile and realise I forgot to cancel the work bill after it was completed.

This happens to me all the time. I sort of wish I could use the "pause when satisfied" option to pause it permanently but it can't do that. I think what we need is a "Suspend when satisfied" option as well.

An alternative is to include the quality filter with the "do x times" option.

Anyone else have this problem? Is this a good idea?

P.S. Rereading this it looks more like a suggestion than a mod request. Should I add this to the suggestions forum?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Canute

You can try to request this feature for the Better workbench managment.
When you got these request, you should have a button "Create bill for this trade request".
And the bill should be deleted once it got finished. So you pawn's don't start to produce again when you start the caravan.

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Canute

And btw. maybe the Colony manager from Fluffy could do that job too.
Didn't used that mod lately so iam unsure about all the abilities.