Relations loss for performing unneeded surgery which was needed

Started by Zecrillon, November 15, 2018, 03:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zecrillon

I captured some tribespeople, one of which had a shattered right femur and a shattered left tibia. After recovering from the injuries, the prisoner couldn't walk. Maybe I'm wrong, but I figured I couldn't release them for the relations gain if they couldn't walk off the map so I installed a peg leg to the left leg (shattered tibia) to give them some mobility. I was docked some relations points for doing so.

Not entirely certain it's a bug, but seems to me that I shouldn't have been penalised under the circumstances. I acknowledge I may have tried to recruit them and then performed the surgery, or I may have executed them, but I think I should have had an option that didn't penalise me for trying to save the prisoner's life.

I'm using a couple of mods, but I don't think they've affected this outcome (again, I could be wrong).

[attachment deleted due to age]

khun_poo

Try using the pod launcher to send them away. Pod launch the raider prisoner to nearby settlement got you faction point without "prisoner sold as slave" mood debuff too.

In case of the friendly allied, called their faction via comm console and request whatever caravan to trade with. They will arrive at your colony later and wander around for a day or two. Tried change the veggie allied's bed into prisoner bed so that the veggie allied will fall to the ground, wait for rescue. Don't rescue them, wait for the caravan to decide to leave the map, some of their men will carry the said veggie off the map with them. You'll still get +15 faction point this way too.

However, If you can't use comm console or the veggie's faction is only neutral. All you can do is endure and wait for their faction's visitor to come 

btw, the worst case is starve them to death by change their food restriction. Kill the veggie allied this way only got a -5 relationship point I guess.

Hope this help  ;)

Zecrillon

That's actually really helpful. Thanks.

I didn't know you could launch non-colonists in a pod. The thought of launching a veggie back home is hilarious! Also didn't know that visitor allies will take friends back with them if they didn't arrive with them. Both great suggestions and neither option incurs a penalty.