Newbie questions!

Started by jahrein, November 01, 2013, 07:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebCom1807

Oh.. Wow. You have no power generation. Get some solar panels up outside and wired up ASAP!
That's the problem - You have a battery, but no way to actually generate the power to charge it.

jahrein

ahaha yeah I just realized that. and just have edited my last post.

Semmy

moved to support

if solved ill close it
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

RebCom1807

Yeah.. Sorry, it just didn't occur to me that you didn't have anything actually generating the power you were trying to use. >.<

EDIT:
Quote from: Semmy on November 01, 2013, 08:25:33 PM
moved to support

if solved ill close it
I think the idea was that this would be a place where people could look up issues they are having that aren't actually bugs. Just my pennies.

Semmy

Quote from: RebCom1807 on November 01, 2013, 08:26:01 PM
Yeah.. Sorry, it just didn't occur to me that you didn't have anything actually generating the power you were trying to use. >.<

EDIT:
Quote from: Semmy on November 01, 2013, 08:25:33 PM
moved to support

If closed its just a indicator that its solved and doesnt need further help.
But you can keep looking it up.
But if people prefer it ill gladly leave it open.

if solved ill close it
I think the idea was that this would be a place where people could look up issues they are having that aren't actually bugs. Just my pennies.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

RebCom1807

Hey, I'd be fore it. Might help to cut down on the number of threads asking the same questions, especially since people tend to not use the search function, from my experience, and locked threads end up drifting down into the sea of pages.. 634 of 782, for example.

I dunno, I'm no moderator, but it might make sense..
Might also make sense to make a Newbie FAQ sticky thread with pictures. I'd offer to make it, but I don't have a copy to do so with.

British

The wiki is being worked on to provide a number of hints related to the gameplay (among other things).

Also, there's not point in having all sorts of issues being stacked in a thread when we have a forum for it.
Ideally do your search prior to creating a new thread about your problem.

Regarding jahrein's problem, batteries are indeed *not* generators, they only stock power.
To fill up your batteries, you need to add generator(s) to your power circuit: it can be solar or geyser.