[1.0] RIMMSqol - IG Modding, Pawn editing, Search, Pathfinding, Food rules, ...

Started by Razuhl, November 16, 2018, 09:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razuhl

@HSneak

The amount of points is solely determined by the records of the pawn. The points spent through this mods modifications are saved there too under "CuM spent". If you haven't edited the pawn before that should always be zero. EdB is not involved in this at all. With a value so far off the mark and only on some pawns I suspect all records of those pawns are scrambled(happens if you move a save through game versions), see if the values are sensible.

You can game the system by changing the costs for specific traits. If a pawn has -30k points and the base cost is the default 20 you choose one of his traits and configure the point cost to be (30k/20 + originaltraitcost = 1500+), then remove the trait to get the points refunded ending up with just enough points to retake the trait after you change the trait cost back to it's default value.

HSneak

wolfsilver00

I want to know.. How does this change objects in game? Does it make a patch and automatically adds it to the modlist or what? Im asking because I dont understand how this can patch something that is furthest down in the modlist.. Its impressive

notfood

Razuhl

@wolfsilver00 It works by modifying the database entries in memory and takes place when loading/saving the mod's configuration. XML modding takes place before any mod is loading it's configuration.

@notfood It already is, you can turn off any unwanted content using the general settings and adding forbidden patches. That covers everything that integrates with rimworld and resolves possible conflicts. By hiding buttons through the "main buttons" or "architect buttons" settings you can remove the custom tabs. Any other futures like not tracking animal families or pathfinding can be turned on or off.

8cb34xknmpek

@Razuhl can you upload to github or another site?
steam is completely blocked in the country I'm currently living in. I cannot even sign in let alone use the workshop, so my only option is the drm free version.
i'd rather not download from some suspicious third party that might have viruses or be outdated. github is not hard to update at all.

also, "Anonymous downloads are counterproductive to my goals and I will not maintain them." sounds very sketchy? are you trying to steal steam accounts or something else malicious in your dll?

tile7

Does anyone have idea where to find this mod except steam?
I found previous version, after quite a lot of searching, but latest on.. nowhere.

Razuhl

Released a beta framework for building 4x cities on the world map. It supports buildings, districts, achievements, crafting, repairing, free trade, alternate endings and more. An example mod and technical documentation are shipped with the mod files. The available implementations are still on a need basis but get expanded. The cities will soon replace remnant colonies.

notfood

I'd be really wary to use your framework when it's not open source and it has this license:
Can other modders make derivative mods based on yours? No.

sefer

Quote from: Razuhl on November 22, 2018, 12:14:50 AM

@Everyone I have chosen steam because it offers superior functionality for publishing my mod. Anonymous downloads are counterproductive to my goals and I will not maintain them. Besides that you can just google my mod and end up with a site that hosts workshop downloads on their own volition - or use steam which ludeon allows for every owner of the game and you can copy the downloaded workshop files like any other mod.

Take note of his words carefully. On a larger scale this means he does not want pirates to use his mod. Or on a lesser scale, he does not want foreigners who cannot use steam to use his mod. A third type blocked by this is those of us who refuse to use steam because we do not like or support steam.

Though he says he will not maintain them and that there are others out there... So I am just assuming that means he is okay with it, just that he himself will not do it. I found a link while searching. Idk if its absolutely up to date, but it does work in the current release of the game. https://modsbase.com/a3taxbwgdn2f/1084452457_RIMMSqol.zip.html This is the link, and if i'm not allowed to post that then please have it taken out -- ie: if thats the case, I will be happy to private message that link to anyone who needs it. Take note, I am not the uploader of said file.

Furthermore...Idk why theres so few comments on this page. Honestly, this mod is absolutely amazing in everyway and I salute and adore you for this. I mean, god, I can't imagine playing rimworld without this mod. It should be in the base game its so freaking perfect. You should setup a patreon or a donate link or something for your mod to make money.

8cb34xknmpek

Quote from: sefer on February 18, 2019, 03:06:01 AM
Quote from: Razuhl on November 22, 2018, 12:14:50 AM

@Everyone I have chosen steam because it offers superior functionality for publishing my mod. Anonymous downloads are counterproductive to my goals and I will not maintain them. Besides that you can just google my mod and end up with a site that hosts workshop downloads on their own volition - or use steam which ludeon allows for every owner of the game and you can copy the downloaded workshop files like any other mod.

Take note of his words carefully. On a larger scale this means he does not want pirates to use his mod. Or on a lesser scale, he does not want foreigners who cannot use steam to use his mod. A third type blocked by this is those of us who refuse to use steam because we do not like or support steam.

Though he says he will not maintain them and that there are others out there... So I am just assuming that means he is okay with it, just that he himself will not do it. I found a link while searching. Idk if its absolutely up to date, but it does work in the current release of the game. https://modsbase.com/a3taxbwgdn2f/1084452457_RIMMSqol.zip.html This is the link, and if i'm not allowed to post that then please have it taken out -- ie: if thats the case, I will be happy to private message that link to anyone who needs it. Take note, I am not the uploader of said file.

Furthermore...Idk why theres so few comments on this page. Honestly, this mod is absolutely amazing in everyway and I salute and adore you for this. I mean, god, I can't imagine playing rimworld without this mod. It should be in the base game its so freaking perfect. You should setup a patreon or a donate link or something for your mod to make money.

Pirates can get files off the steam workshop so this is a pointless effort in that regard. I had to take this same route despite not being a pirate since I can't otherwise access my $15,000~ steam account in the country where I've decided to spend a few years doing aid work.

sefer

Actually Rimworld workshop files are ones which cannot be downloaded via a third party program. Its been reported that tampermonkey, as well as third party download sites, cannot convert the workshop files into a downloadable, making it impossible to get said mods without using steam as a client. So unless someone uploads it after using steam to download it... No dice.

RyanRim

Useless if people post mods (even unfinished ones) on this forum with no link other than steam. Nearly 50% of people here use non-steam version. There should be a rule made for the release forum that you can't post a mod if you can't provide a github or dropbox link, simple as that. Post it in Unfinished and ask for feedback, but this forum has nothing to do with steam.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Mehni

Quote from: Razuhl on February 14, 2019, 02:57:57 PM
Released a beta framework for building 4x cities on the world map. It supports buildings, districts, achievements, crafting, repairing, free trade, alternate endings and more. An example mod and technical documentation are shipped with the mod files. The available implementations are still on a need basis but get expanded. The cities will soon replace remnant colonies.

The framework is very interesting but doesn't really fit in with RIMMSqol. Will this be a stand-alone spin-off?