[1.0] RIMMSqol - IG Modding, Pawn editing, Search, Pathfinding, Food rules, ...

Started by Razuhl, November 16, 2018, 09:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

Going to just step on in here real quick and tell folks to take it easy before this thread spins off in dumb ways and I have to start backhanding folks with temp-bans.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Canute

Basicly there is no need for this topic on the forum, when he don't release a non-steam version.
But that is the descision of the mod author and should be respected ! Even for the other who don't use steam for various reasons.

Razuhl

@Mehni The framework itself can probably be extracted into a seperate mod but the default implementation, that I use for testing and the tutorial, leverages the rendering techniques and other utilities that come with the RIMMSqol mod. Which means unless there is a mod that provides it's own rendering of the city screen(at the very least) it would make no difference.
For now I will round out the basic functionality and the documentation, as well as build the test city into something that people can play with. That will be the full release. From there I have to gauge where peoples interest are before I commit more work. A full on collab project is just as much a possibility as me being the only city builder.

notfood

Please, address the license, your current license makes it impossible to use your library as anything done with it is derivative and you forbid derivate works.

tile7

So, someone knows where latest version can be downloaded?
What I have also works with 1.0 but isnt last version

Razuhl

Added building properties to the list of configurable items.

@notfood There is no problem with the license.

tile7

Hi.
Got latest version, thanks to sender again.
Installed. But "index finger" icon on assign tab is lost.
Installed old version again, still no icon.
Cannot setup in example food restrictions (like, eat simple meal while mood is above... something).

Any idea what is the problem?

Razuhl

Is the patch "forbid by context" forbidden in the mod menu? Because if so it will hide the icon since the rules won't apply without that patch. That was changes lately, before that the icon could not be removed even if the user didn't wan't to use it.

Past that it uses a vanilla table which other mods might modify in a manner that overwrites the additional column. Does the table look like the vanilla version?

tile7

Hi.
Patch was ok.
Nevertheless, the icon showed up when second colonist joined. No idea why or how, it just showed up.

Thanks a lot.

Razuhl

tile7

Hi.
Non starving colonist with mood above minor... turned on.
Yet everyone eats fine meals first.
Something I need to turn on elsewhere?

Razuhl

Is it just that one rule that is not working? If the others are working then make sure the people aren't urgently hungry because thats what I labeled starving in the context of FaRt.

tile7

Checked a few colonists.
Hungry (but nor urgently).
Mood is fine (minor starts at 35% for this one colonist), he's at 41%.
And he's eating fine meal.

Razuhl

Can you say anything about the other rules?

Check your fine meals in the mod menu in the food category make sure their preferability is set to mealFine or mealLavish. Maybe another mod demoted them.

If you have a hugslib log(other logs won't do) I can see if some of your mods are patching the "FoodUtility.TryFindBestFoodSourceFor" or "FoodUtility.BestFoodSourceOnMap". If that is the case you might be able to resolve a conflict by changing relative positions of the mods in the load order.

MrWeeGee

Hey, thought of an idea that might make your mod a bit easier to use when it comes to editing building values.

I was trying to edit the stats for some of my walls/furnishings and noticed many of them had matching names. So the only way to figure out which was which, was by cross-referencing the stats and in some cases, changing the values to see if I changed the right one.

So, I thought it'd be pretty useful if there were a button in the information/stats popup that would take me directly to the editing section of your mod for the item I was looking at. If that were at all possible, it'd be great to have.

In any case, thanks for all the work you've done on this. It makes balancing my modlist so much easier.